Portland Area Head-fi Meet: Echo Audio - 03/02/13
Feb 22, 2013 at 8:46 AM Post #46 of 116
Quote:
Is anyone going to be the "official" photographer at the event?

I wouldn't say official, but I will certainly be taking some photos of the meet. Here are some photos from past meets in the area: 2011a, 2011b, 2010, 2008

My photo gear has improved since, I'd like to think my technique has a bit too 
wink.gif

Feb 22, 2013 at 10:44 AM Post #47 of 116
Quote:
Im not sure what i have planned for that day, but I think I could swing by for a little bit and maybe take some better than average photos of you guys and your beautiful equipment!

Let me know if I should just not do it if I can't stay for the entire time...

Oh, and that's certainly not to say you shouldn't stop by, you should. I've been at meets where we've chatted about photography gear as much as headphone gear. :) The more cameras the better!

Feb 22, 2013 at 11:21 PM Post #49 of 116
Quote:
Quote:
Im not sure what i have planned for that day, but I think I could swing by for a little bit and maybe take some better than average photos of you guys and your beautiful equipment!

Let me know if I should just not do it if I can't stay for the entire time...

Oh, and that's certainly not to say you shouldn't stop by, you should. I've been at meets where we've chatted about photography gear as much as headphone gear. :) The more cameras the better!

very nice :D  I'd be happy to and I'm sure we'll talk cameras as well :) 

Feb 23, 2013 at 3:16 AM Post #50 of 116
Doing an interest check:

I've got a Sony NS9100 ES that I picked up recently.  I bought it as a nice transport for SACDs, but I don't actually have any SACD's yet ~ I just couldn't pass up an ES unit for 25 bucks (Mmmmm....Goodwill). 

Got Dark Side of the Moon on the way, but might not be here in time.  Oh, don't give me that look... it's a record everybody's heard and has an idea what it's supposed to sound like.  Sheesh.  Defensive?  No, no one's ever told me that, why?

Errr.... What I mean is, I don't know if anyone's interested, but it would probably be more useful if anyone else has any media for it.

Feb 23, 2013 at 1:01 PM Post #52 of 116
Quote:
Hi All -- an update an ask for a few volunteers...   I'm sorry about this, but after conversations with the team at Echo we'd like to shift the time of our event by an hour, making it Saturday March 2, from 3-7pm.  (2-3pm setup for folks bringing equipment).

The store  normally opens at noon and closes at 5pm Saturdays.  Prior to our event, there will be a lot of usual noon-2pm store traffic so we're thinking the slightly later hours will help a lot to make portable hi-fi solutions the real focus in the afternoon. And with two extra hours after "closing time" I hope that gives head-fi enthusiasts some quieter time to enjoy equipment with a smaller group.  Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience here

Logistics:  Measured out the store today -- by setup time, I'll place 4 large tables with a 6-outlet power strip on each to accommodate the equipment folks are kindly bringing. -- that leaves a little waking space around tables on all sides.

With quite a few pieces coming, I was thinking (read: worrying a bit :))  about logistics and I'd greatly appreciate 4 volunteers to be a "table captain", meaning they adopt one table, coordinate the folks putting equipment on it, and just keep an eye on their audio domain during the event. Looking at the attendee list, if each captain has 4-5 attendees bringing gear to their table, we should have room for everything.  I really appreciate how many people are bringing pieces and just want to make sure we have space to accommodate everything/everyone. I'm VERY open to your suggestions here... but it may be a little tight at the store

I'll captain a 5th table with gear/sources from Echo and also Damon Coffman (Coffman Labs) will have a couple of his new G1-A preamp/headphone amps there. Also, the headphone bar and stools at Echo will stay in place as an additional listening area

Based on the list of equipment coming, I think portable sources at each table will be appreciated!

Thanks everyone for your help on this -- and input welcome (as always) on how to ensure we have the best experience for everyone there.  Cheers

Hi All -- just wanted to make sure everyone had the latest on time for the meet:  2pm setup for those bringing equipment. and 3pm start.

Also, any others willing to be a table captain in addition to DenonBeaver and myself?  I'd like to have 3 more volunteers to cover all 5 table stations. Many thanks

Feb 24, 2013 at 2:04 PM Post #53 of 116
Looks like I will be riding the bus, so that will limit what I bring to the meet, However, I could certainly be a table captain if there is still a need.

Feb 24, 2013 at 9:50 PM Post #54 of 116
Ah man, I always miss these. Shame I don't live closer to Portland, or else getting there wouldn't be such a problem.

Anyone live in the Longview area that's going that might want to give me a ride for a chance to listen to some K501s?
tongue.gif

(Don't worry, I'm not a drug addict or homeless. lol)

Feb 25, 2013 at 3:13 PM Post #55 of 116
Damn, we actually have a lot of people and gear on that list! I'm excited. Let's wear name tags with our head-fi usernames :]

Feb 25, 2013 at 4:34 PM Post #57 of 116
Quote:
Also, as table captain do I still get to walk around and indulge in all the gear?

Absolutely -- want everyone to come and enjoy the event and have all the time they want to explore! 

The biggest Table Captain help needed is during setup --  as folks bring in pieces and need a spot to land them, I'd like to make sure someone is at each table to help accomplish/coordinate that.

Anoxy and Budgie, can I twist your arm to do?  I really appreciate it!

Feb 26, 2013 at 12:59 PM Post #60 of 116
Quote:

Absolutely -- want everyone to come and enjoy the event and have all the time they want to explore! 

The biggest Table Captain help needed is during setup --  as folks bring in pieces and need a spot to land them, I'd like to make sure someone is at each table to help accomplish/coordinate that.

Anoxy and Budgie, can I twist your arm to do?  I really appreciate it!

Sure, you can put me down for table captain duties

Users who are viewing this thread

Back