Portland Area Head-fi Meet: Echo Audio - 03/02/13
Feb 7, 2013 at 1:39 PM Post #16 of 116
Quote:
My wife and I will be joining. As for gear, I'll be carrying around my iRiver iHP-140 w/ iBasso D10 DAC/Amp (which others are willing to try out, of course), along with JH13 Pros that I recently had reshelled by 1964 Ears. Looking forward to meeting y'all!

Awesome.

I'll be sure to bring my SE535 to test it out!

I've been leaving IEMs off the list so far because of possible concerns/problems with sharing them - but the more gear the merrier!

Feb 8, 2013 at 12:19 AM Post #18 of 116
I'm there for sure!
Here's what i'll bring:
Denon D5000's
Sennheiser HD650
FIIO E17
TubeMagic D1 Dac

Got another person that will responding to the thread shortly with more gear.

Feb 8, 2013 at 2:20 AM Post #20 of 116
Quote:
I'd like to join the fun. IS there anything I need to do?

LMK
Enzo

You just did what you needed to do.

Come check it out!
Quote:
I'm there for sure!
Here's what i'll bring:
Denon D5000's
Sennheiser HD650
FIIO E17
TubeMagic D1 Dac

Got another person that will responding to the thread shortly with more gear.

Awesome, always love a good run in with the HD650.  Will look to try it out with some different amps maybe!

Also, haven't heard the D5000 yet

Quote:
Just heard the news.  Will be there with Yulong D100 MK2.

Well that will be interesting--can compare it directly to my MkI if time permits.  Supposedly sonically they are identical...

Feb 9, 2013 at 4:08 PM Post #21 of 116
Got a few other pieces of gear i'll bring:
Schiit Asgard
Schiit Bifrost w/ usb

You know you all want to try the SCHIIT

Feb 9, 2013 at 5:28 PM Post #22 of 116
Hi All -- look forward to meeting you! I talked with Kurt at Echo about ways we could make sure everyone's individual equipment remains with its right owner.  We decided we'll have a "coat check" type solution and someone monitoring the door at all times.  You'll tag your equipment when you arrive and get a ticket of some sort for it.  When it's time to head out, you grab your own equipment and show your ticket on the way out.

We appreciate everyone bringing their equipment.  We don't mean for this to feel like airport security 
tongue_smile.gif
 But per some of the legitimate concerns raised earlier in this thread, we just want to alleviate any concerns about the possibility of theft.  Hope this helps.

Feb 10, 2013 at 12:04 AM Post #23 of 116
Quote:
My wife and I will be joining. As for gear, I'll be carrying around my iRiver iHP-140 w/ iBasso D10 DAC/Amp (which others are willing to try out, of course), along with JH13 Pros that I recently had reshelled by 1964 Ears. Looking forward to meeting y'all!

Wow, haven't seen any iRiver products in awhile. I used to have an iRiver H10, it was actually really nice! I'll bring my Sansa Clip + along if anybody wants to see it.

Another thing - freebie if anybody wants it. I have an old Creative Zen Vision M 30 GB. It is a fantastic player, I used it until the battery died. When it did, I bought a new one, but broke the delicate battery connection during installation. So, if anybody thinks they can repair the connection, then they can take it away with a new battery!

-sheldon

Feb 10, 2013 at 12:06 AM Post #24 of 116
Quote:
Hi All -- look forward to meeting you! I talked with Kurt at Echo about ways we could make sure everyone's individual equipment remains with its right owner.  We decided we'll have a "coat check" type solution and someone monitoring the door at all times.  You'll tag your equipment when you arrive and get a ticket of some sort for it.  When it's time to head out, you grab your own equipment and show your ticket on the way out.

We appreciate everyone bringing their equipment.  We don't mean for this to feel like airport security 
tongue_smile.gif
 But per some of the legitimate concerns raised earlier in this thread, we just want to alleviate any concerns about the possibility of theft.  Hope this helps.

This sounds like a good idea. Thanks so much!

-sheldon

Feb 14, 2013 at 3:18 AM Post #25 of 116
Hi All -- an update an ask for a few volunteers...   I'm sorry about this, but after conversations with the team at Echo we'd like to shift the time of our event by an hour, making it Saturday March 2, from 3-7pm.  (2-3pm setup for folks bringing equipment).

The store  normally opens at noon and closes at 5pm Saturdays.  Prior to our event, there will be a lot of usual noon-2pm store traffic so we're thinking the slightly later hours will help a lot to make portable hi-fi solutions the real focus in the afternoon. And with two extra hours after "closing time" I hope that gives head-fi enthusiasts some quieter time to enjoy equipment with a smaller group.  Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience here

Logistics:  Measured out the store today -- by setup time, I'll place 4 large tables with a 6-outlet power strip on each to accommodate the equipment folks are kindly bringing. -- that leaves a little waking space around tables on all sides.

With quite a few pieces coming, I was thinking (read: worrying a bit :))  about logistics and I'd greatly appreciate 4 volunteers to be a "table captain", meaning they adopt one table, coordinate the folks putting equipment on it, and just keep an eye on their audio domain during the event. Looking at the attendee list, if each captain has 4-5 attendees bringing gear to their table, we should have room for everything.  I really appreciate how many people are bringing pieces and just want to make sure we have space to accommodate everything/everyone. I'm VERY open to your suggestions here... but it may be a little tight at the store

I'll captain a 5th table with gear/sources from Echo and also Damon Coffman (Coffman Labs) will have a couple of his new G1-A preamp/headphone amps there. Also, the headphone bar and stools at Echo will stay in place as an additional listening area

Based on the list of equipment coming, I think portable sources at each table will be appreciated!

Thanks everyone for your help on this -- and input welcome (as always) on how to ensure we have the best experience for everyone there.  Cheers

Feb 14, 2013 at 6:41 PM Post #26 of 116
Quote:
Hi All -- an update an ask for a few volunteers...   I'm sorry about this, but after conversations with the team at Echo we'd like to shift the time of our event by an hour, making it Saturday March 2, from 3-7pm.  (2-3pm setup for folks bringing equipment).

The store  normally opens at noon and closes at 5pm Saturdays.  Prior to our event, there will be a lot of usual noon-2pm store traffic so we're thinking the slightly later hours will help a lot to make portable hi-fi solutions the real focus in the afternoon. And with two extra hours after "closing time" I hope that gives head-fi enthusiasts some quieter time to enjoy equipment with a smaller group.  Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience here

Logistics:  Measured out the store today -- by setup time, I'll place 4 large tables with a 6-outlet power strip on each to accommodate the equipment folks are kindly bringing. -- that leaves a little waking space around tables on all sides.

With quite a few pieces coming, I was thinking (read: worrying a bit :))  about logistics and I'd greatly appreciate 4 volunteers to be a "table captain", meaning they adopt one table, coordinate the folks putting equipment on it, and just keep an eye on their audio domain during the event. Looking at the attendee list, if each captain has 4-5 attendees bringing gear to their table, we should have room for everything.  I really appreciate how many people are bringing pieces and just want to make sure we have space to accommodate everything/everyone. I'm VERY open to your suggestions here... but it may be a little tight at the store

I'll captain a 5th table with gear/sources from Echo and also Damon Coffman (Coffman Labs) will have a couple of his new G1-A preamp/headphone amps there. Also, the headphone bar and stools at Echo will stay in place as an additional listening area

Based on the list of equipment coming, I think portable sources at each table will be appreciated!

Thanks everyone for your help on this -- and input welcome (as always) on how to ensure we have the best experience for everyone there.  Cheers

I was planning on bringing my HP laptop as my portable source streaming Spotify premium. So as long as i've got a power hookup i'm good to go. I have no problem being a "table captain" i've got two other friends who have checked in already and are bringing gear so we know each others setups and can accommodate for a few others at a table as well. The 3-7pm time frame works as well.

Feb 14, 2013 at 9:36 PM Post #27 of 116
Quote:

I was actually thinking of scaling back on what I bring. My goal is to have 1 milk crate of gear and a laptop bag.

That means no turntable or receiver to drive my Koss ESP 9's, so those will be out.

Here's my tentative gear list....

Cans:
-AKG K401
-Yamaha YH-2
-Fostex T50rp
-Senn HD600
-(maybe Sony PFR-V1, they're weird but fun)

Amps:
-ASL MG head OTL
-Matrix M-stage

Source:
-Cambridge Audio DacMagic
-Macbook Pro
-(maybe Valab NOS Dac,)

Dogwan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back