Portland Area Head-fi Meet: Echo Audio - 03/02/13
Feb 26, 2013 at 5:54 PM Post #61 of 116
I'm already triple booked for Sat. so I'll have to hold off until the next one.  Its a shame, I wanted to show off my new JDSLabs C5 too! 
I'll keep Echo in mind if everything falls through though.  An impressive group so far!

Feb 26, 2013 at 6:29 PM Post #62 of 116
Thanks again to our volunteer table captains -- look forward to seeing you around 2pm Saturday!

#1: DenonBeaver
#2: anoxy
#3: Budgie (to be confirmed)
#4: R-Audiohead
#5: MusicPDX

Feb 26, 2013 at 10:28 PM Post #63 of 116
Quote:
Thanks again to table captains -- we just need one more volunteer!

#1: DenonBeaver
#2: anoxy
#3: Budgie (to be confirmed)
#4: Volunteer needed
#5: MusicPDX

If it won't restrict me to a table I have no problem doing it.

Feb 27, 2013 at 1:55 AM Post #65 of 116
I will be coming down to Echo around noon or 1 pm to settle the Coffman amp business (yes, I lost all measure of sanity) and unfortunately, won't be able to stay for the meet with my own gear as I have to be in Vancouver by 4 for a 50th birthday dinner...however, would like to see what is there in the P'town crowd as I usually attend Seattle area meets.  Will be good to see HamSamwich and possibly Sachu.  I'll bring my Audio-Technica ADH-2000s just in case...

Looking forward to meeting you, MusicPDX.  If I get there soon enough and there's need for an extra hand setting up, I can help out a spell.

Feb 27, 2013 at 2:34 PM Post #66 of 116
I talked with Damon Coffman from Coffman Labs yesterday.  Some fun news: Over the last several months he has been working on an all-new design for standalone, tubed headphone amp. He will have his very first production unit make its debut at our meet. 

He commented that he's meeting the engraver on Thursday for the final touches on the unit in order to have it done in time for Saturday's event.  He's really excited to hear what Head-Fi'ers think of it and he looks forward to joining us there.

Feb 27, 2013 at 3:49 PM Post #67 of 116
Quote:
I talked with Damon Coffman from Coffman Labs yesterday.  Some fun news: Over the last several months he has been working on an all-new design for standalone, tubed headphone amp. He will have his very first production unit make its debut at our meet. 

He commented that he's meeting the engraver on Thursday for the final touches on the unit in order to have it done in time for Saturday's event.  He's really excited to hear what Head-Fi'ers think of it and he looks forward to joining us there.

What kind of $$ are we talking here?  The one I saw on the Echo website was in the $5400 range.....................
confused_face(1).gif

Feb 27, 2013 at 4:41 PM Post #68 of 116
A new headphone amp, very cool. It looks like you guys are going to have a great meet.

Feb 27, 2013 at 6:04 PM Post #69 of 116
Quote:

This is great news

Feb 28, 2013 at 8:46 PM Post #70 of 116
Have we decided if it's possible/safe to share IEMs? Perhaps rubbing alcohol and cotton balls? Not sure of the ettiquite here :wink:

*I am so excited*

-sheldon

Feb 28, 2013 at 8:52 PM Post #71 of 116
Having some wipes seems sufficient enough for me. I mean, tons of people including me buy and sell IEMs on the marketplace here. I wish I could share my CIEMs with you guys though 

Feb 28, 2013 at 10:18 PM Post #72 of 116
Unfortunately it's looking more likely that I won't make it Saturday, as my plate is filling up. If I come I'll come for a little while and bring my camera and maybe the LCD-2s (and maybe my modded YH-2 for comparison), but I'm not going to have time to tear down gear, especially since I'd be bringing it on the MAX. 
rolleyes.gif

Mar 1, 2013 at 3:51 AM Post #73 of 116
I'm really hoping I won't have to bail on the meet as well. I've got a big group project I need to work on, due Monday, and I work Sunday. bahhhhh

Mar 1, 2013 at 4:10 AM Post #74 of 116
I'll be there with my bro!

I have these that I could bring: 
  1. Audio Technica AD700
  2. Phiaton MS400
  3. Creative Live Aurvana
  4. Lindy Premiums
  5. Audio Technica M50

If anyone is interested in anything let me know

Mar 1, 2013 at 4:51 AM Post #75 of 116
I'm not going to be able to make the meet.  I'm out of town.  Bummer.  
triportsad.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back