Portland Area Head-fi Meet: Echo Audio - 03/02/13
Feb 18, 2013 at 7:26 PM Post #32 of 116
Quote:
Oh man -- I just noticed this meet is happening on the very same weekend that I'm visiting Portland. Any space left to join? 

You're in!

Any gear or just observing?  Either is more than welcome

Feb 18, 2013 at 10:15 PM Post #33 of 116
Awesome! 

I'm road tripping up there so cargo space may be a bit short. I was hoping to just drop by and meet some folks. I'd like to avoid bringing the Gungnir and Super 7 if possible, but can certainly bring along the Koss E/90 + ESP/950 set, or maybe one or two other headphones if anyone was interested in those. 

Feb 19, 2013 at 1:09 AM Post #34 of 116
Quote:
Awesome! 

I'm road tripping up there so cargo space may be a bit short. I was hoping to just drop by and meet some folks. I'd like to avoid bringing the Gungnir and Super 7 if possible, but can certainly bring along the Koss E/90 + ESP/950 set, or maybe one or two other headphones if anyone was interested in those. 

No worries.

Echo has an HD 800.  The Koss would be awesome though!  It doesn't look like we have an LCD-2 on the list yet either, so you could always bring that to try out on different amplifiers if it didn't take up too much space.

No sweat if you don't have the space though... let us know!

Feb 19, 2013 at 6:01 PM Post #36 of 116
This sounds awesome, not sure if I would be out of place as a 16 year old though. I could bring AKG K272s Hd600s (saw some one was already bringing a pair, is having two pointless?) and an e9/e7 not sure if I should even bother since it's so low end... But I would love to hear some lcd 2s or HE 500s.

Feb 19, 2013 at 8:53 PM Post #38 of 116
Quote:
This sounds awesome, not sure if I would be out of place as a 16 year old though. I could bring AKG K272s Hd600s (saw some one was already bringing a pair, is having two pointless?) and an e9/e7 not sure if I should even bother since it's so low end... But I would love to hear some lcd 2s or HE 500s.

Feel free to stop by and bring the goods.  We'll be sure to label everything.

I'm sure you'll have fun trying your cans out on some different amps.

Feb 20, 2013 at 5:57 PM Post #39 of 116
I may be there as well.  May bring E-11/ZO double amp combo with my Mad Dog Alpha's but likely just coming to see the cool stuff. 
L3000.gif

Feb 20, 2013 at 6:22 PM Post #41 of 116
Quote:
can you bring your q40 if you come?

Heck yes, be glad to. They have the Beyer black velour pads as the modification over stock as well so that's the recommended setup I was told. 

Feb 21, 2013 at 5:12 PM Post #43 of 116
Hey can I join the Headfi meet? I got some custom SFI open ortho on ear phones and some modded PRO4AAA KOSS phones I want to bring, along with a small headphone amp. I have a friend that might want to bring his bottlehead crack amp to use with my gear. but he would come to talk about his amp and the speedball mod

Feb 21, 2013 at 7:23 PM Post #44 of 116
Is anyone going to be the "official" photographer at the event?

I'll try to make it to the meet with a pretty nice camera... Photography is what saved me from the powerful jaws of audiophilism :D. Even sold my guitar recently....another casualty for camera gear... Come to think of it, I think Jude himself gave me some lens advice a while back on this board!

I'll still bring my humble portable set up. If anyone has cheap TF10 cables or Fiio E11 amp, I'm looking to buy. Ill be bringing my Alienware Ozma 5 (ultrasone h-fi 550) and maybe my galaxy S player (wolfson dac).

Im not sure what i have planned for that day, but I think I could swing by for a little bit and maybe take some better than average photos of you guys and your beautiful equipment!

Let me know if I should just not do it if I can't stay for the entire time...

Feb 21, 2013 at 8:28 PM Post #45 of 116
Quote:
Is anyone going to be the "official" photographer at the event?

I'll try to make it to the meet with a pretty nice camera... Photography is what saved me from the powerful jaws of audiophilism
biggrin.gif
. Even sold my guitar recently....another casualty for camera gear... Come to think of it, I think Jude himself gave me some lens advice a while back on this board!

I'll still bring my humble portable set up. If anyone has cheap TF10 cables or Fiio E11 amp, I'm looking to buy. Ill be bringing my Alienware Ozma 5 (ultrasone h-fi 550) and maybe my galaxy S player (wolfson dac).

Im not sure what i have planned for that day, but I think I could swing by for a little bit and maybe take some better than average photos of you guys and your beautiful equipment!

Let me know if I should just not do it if I can't stay for the entire time...

That'd would be great.  Please do come by and take some pics!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back