Portable Rig (DAP/Amp/IEM) Case-fi (please post pics)
Apr 28, 2010 at 12:56 PM Post #31 of 57
I use a camera case by VidPro, its small, houses all 3 of my Ipods, lod, and TF10 iems, the case is also hardshell. The only modifications that I've done to it is that I've put a thicker small shoulder strap on it, now I have the option to carry it by the small handle or on my shoulder. The case zips and has a velco closure strap to ensure that your valuables don't accidentally come out. Really nice compact case that can hold a lot of items.

Edit: Forgot the pics

Apr 28, 2010 at 1:56 PM Post #32 of 57
iPod classic + LOD + Arrow HE + RE0

iPod and Arrow are glued back-to-back by double-side tape (ordinary office supply, nothing special). LOD and RE0 are connected on the same end. This makes a 2cm thick package with looped LOD and cable to RE0 at one end that slides into a pocket head down.

For transport and storage I use a small camera bag with a little front pocket for LOD, RE0, perhaps also PK1 and an airline adapter. It has a belt loop, but then you really look like a geek. In operation, the LOD sticks out. I do not use it for walking arround, but when sitting in train or plane or when waiting you are able to move with it (rather than to forget or drop it by accident).

Apr 28, 2010 at 4:27 PM Post #33 of 57
This is the bag I use. As you can see, plenty of room but not too much. As for the Iem's they could be stuck in the zipped compartment, but I use that for spare battery's. Because of the space inside, I can coil any excess cable in there so you don't have loads floating about.

Inside you have:

iPod classic 80GB and a re-cased CmoyBB, probably about 2ft of cable, 2 x spare 9v rechargables and my rubber skin for when I use the 'Pod in the car.

Apr 28, 2010 at 4:39 PM Post #34 of 57
I use a Waterfield gear pouch.
Sfbags.com

ipodgearpouch_camera2.jpg

Apr 28, 2010 at 5:44 PM Post #35 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pageygeeza /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is the bag I use. As you can see, plenty of room but not too much. As for the Iem's they could be stuck in the zipped compartment, but I use that for spare battery's. Because of the space inside, I can coil any excess cable in there so you don't have loads floating about.

Inside you have:

iPod classic 80GB and a re-cased CmoyBB, probably about 2ft of cable, 2 x spare 9v rechargables and my rubber skin for when I use the 'Pod in the car.

What headphones are those, Pageygeeza?

Apr 28, 2010 at 8:24 PM Post #37 of 57
Here is mine. Double-sided 3M velcro strapping a SONY camera case to the iMod case. The ALO iMod LOD is a bit short, but I have a longer TWAG LOD on order. The TTVJ Slim and even the RSA Protector fits into the SONY case comfortably.

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

Apr 28, 2010 at 8:29 PM Post #38 of 57
this is an issue i am struggling with as well for my sony walkman x + ibasso d10. i have stick-on velcros to attach the two units together, then i stick them in a camera bag, similar to how LevA is doing, with the LOD sticking out the top.

it works fine, and i can carry/protect while listening as long as the zipper isn't fully closed, but there's two things:

1) it's a pain to have to take the thing out every time to do anything on the player. yes the sony has tactile controls, but they are on the other side of the player.
angry_face.gif
i don't want to flip the thing around either. i'd lose volume control from the amp, and i'd be smashing the LOD i paid quite a bit for. if i'm not on the move then it's no big deal to just hold it in my hand. but i like to walk... =P

2) the way the sony is stuck to the amp with velcro, every time i try to separate them (which is necessary to access the sony's hold switch), the back panel on the sony seems like it's about to crack off because apparently the velcro bond is stronger than the bond between the plastic backing and whatever it's connected to. it's not cheaply made, but hey, it's only plastic. i've been thinking of getting a hard plastic case for the sony x then put the velcro on there to avoid this problem.

so far the hippocase for ipod touch and the headroom bag/case thingies look like they would be the best for what i want. the headroom one looks like i'd be smashing the LOD though (stupid straight connectors). do you guys think the hippocase for ipod would accomodate my sony x and d10? and can you attach straps or a clip to it easily?

2010-04-27174025.jpg

2010-04-28151332.jpg

2010-04-28151344.jpg

May 25, 2010 at 1:01 AM Post #39 of 57
Found a good case for active use (that I already had laying around) when I wanted to take my amped iMod on a long bike ride now that we have good weather. I had picked up a bunch of these simple, lightly-padded Targus cases a few years ago when the local WalMart was closing them out for $1.99 each, so I didn't feel too bad cutting a flap into the top of one of them. It works great if you are wearing a belt, with plenty of room for a classic iPod and most portable amps that match the iPod's form factor.

May 26, 2010 at 1:01 AM Post #40 of 57

Quote:
Try this, a NiteIze Backbone Case (Nite Ize Official Site). I use it with a NiteIze S-biner and it works as a case I can use all the time.

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/003...jpg?1270885885

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/003...jpg?1270885885

Can't believe I missed your post the first time I came across this thread (& even added a couple posts herein myself).  I have a 2009 iPod Classic > Headstage Arrow (using a TWcu Viablue LOD from Whiplash).  I'd probably need to leave the zipper open at the top a bit to allow my LOD to poke out a little (dimension of my rig--using velcro dots to connect Arrow to iPod, & taking the LOD into account is something like 6.5" L x 2.5" W x .9" Thick), but otherwise, I think this case is the solution for me.  I prefer one w/ a belt clip (rather than a simple belt loop).

May 26, 2010 at 4:55 AM Post #41 of 57
I'm using a Lowepro camera case for my JH13pro, Ipod touch and Pico Slim. There's a separate compartment in the front that stores the customs nicely, while my Touch, Slim and low-profile LOD are tucked in the larger compartment.

May 29, 2010 at 12:55 PM Post #43 of 57
what ipod classic case is that?

Quote:
I use a camera case by VidPro, its small, houses all 3 of my Ipods, lod, and TF10 iems, the case is also hardshell. The only modifications that I've done to it is that I've put a thicker small shoulder strap on it, now I have the option to carry it by the small handle or on my shoulder. The case zips and has a velco closure strap to ensure that your valuables don't accidentally come out. Really nice compact case that can hold a lot of items.

Edit: Forgot the pics

May 31, 2010 at 6:19 PM Post #44 of 57
I just noticed that Amazon Basics has a few low-cost options, here's a couple of them...

May 31, 2010 at 6:39 PM Post #45 of 57

Users who are viewing this thread

Back