Portable Headphones better than beats pro
Jan 22, 2012 at 11:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

twonkoe

New Head-Fier
I listen to Hip Hop,Rap,R&B,and Reggaeton mostly.I currently have v moda crossfade lp's and use them at school and at the gym.I'm looking to upgrade to headphones that are better than beats pro in the $200-$400 price range.I'm looking for ones that can be used with a smartphone,no amp needed and look stylish.I appreciate the help.

Jan 31, 2012 at 2:11 PM Post #4 of 14
Ultrasone HFI-580/780
OR Ultrasone Pro 900

they are all shiny :)

Jan 31, 2012 at 3:20 PM Post #5 of 14
if your worried about stylish, stick with beats. youll have everyones attention with those and will know your cool. Once your past that phase i would say a set of ultrasone hfi-780 or the pro 900. The 900's are a little bit more on the pricier side. I rock my pro700mk2's at the gym and have guys come up to me wondering what kind of cans i have on because of the blacked out look on them! I laugh at the dudes with beats on at the gym.

Feb 10, 2012 at 11:14 AM Post #6 of 14

Quote:
I considered those but I want ones more stylish.I also want them to easily go around your neck unlike the crossfade lps that squeeze it

More stylish than Crossfade M-80s. That's a heavy order. I have the V-80s and they go around my neck just fine. Plus, unamped, these things get LOUD!

Feb 17, 2012 at 12:51 AM Post #9 of 14
ATH-ES10 
evil_smiley.gif

T50p!

M50!

Feb 17, 2012 at 1:46 AM Post #10 of 14
Senn HD-25-1 is the obvious choice... or even a beyer dt1350 or a T5P over a Beats Pro any day... Ultrasone pro 900s as well.

Feb 17, 2012 at 8:35 AM Post #12 of 14
ESW9's, classy as hell and enough bass to satisfy.

Mar 2, 2012 at 5:35 AM Post #13 of 14
When I first saw Beats, I thought it was another toy (I have limited exposure to ads, as I do not have a cable (or any antenna), I read newspappers monthly at best, and buy only a few magazines a year). But I should not pass judgement on their sound, as my experience is limited to big electronics chains headphone demo racks (nevertheless I did noteice their BASS).
speaking of portables in this price bracket, I have beyerdynamic DT 1350 and Sennheiser HD 25 Adidas.
As for beyer T50P, some reviews were raving; however, I have not heard them, -- I was put off by the critical comments (there are quite a few).
DT 1350 get almost nothing but prise  and, may I add, right fully so! HD 25-1 II is no slouch, either -- and in Adidas guise it is at least as stylish as Beats. But probably that's only me.
I have tried both in various situations. For a gym I strongly prefer HD 25, as they are lighter, cheaper and go nicely with my bright blue top. I won't be getting a grey top so as not to be tempted to use DT 1350 at a gym, -- they are a bit heavier, do not stay on your ears as well as HD 25 do, and they costed me almost 70% more than HD 25.
I prefer DT 1350 for trips and commute for their handy travel case and overall sound quality across most types of music, - but for use in a gym, HD 25 are better due to their sheer PRaT.

Mar 2, 2012 at 10:18 AM Post #14 of 14
I laughed when I saw "better than beats pro"
You can achieve that with even $100 headphones.

As other have said:
-V-Moda's
-Ultrasone's

If you want "even more stylish" then stick to your beats, but don't expect value for money, nor sound quality to come with it.

If its style > sound quality - then beats are supposedly the best for it.
Even though when i see them it reminds me of 15yr old hip-hop wanna-be kids who think they are cool.

Up to you - your look - your choice.
I rather walk out with some Denon's, Ultrasone's, Sennheiser's and feel "superior" to beats owners. (in my own head)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back