Portable Headphone Amplifier "WAGNUS Bialbero Epsilon S" impression and appreciation thread
May 1, 2014 at 1:33 PM Post #256 of 704
I use Duracell Alkaline type AAA and 9 Volt Battery :

I bought 9 Volt just 26.04.2014

As I opened one was only 6,91 Volt not 9 Volt

I just bought 15.03.2014
As you see in my picture below already licking I site the original packaging expired should be 2016 :

After reading your comments regarding your Duracell's leaking, I did some research on it and it turns out you are not alone, on the Duracell website, almost every single reviewer gave a negative review on the Duracell AA product page due to battery leakage! Ordered some Black Eneloop XX 2500mAh AA batteries for the Wagnus instead of Duracell (wouldn't want to risk destroying the precious wagnus with leaky batteries!
ph34r.gif
)

May 1, 2014 at 3:05 PM Post #257 of 704
After reading your comments regarding your Duracell's leaking, I did some research on it and it turns out you are not alone, on the Duracell website, almost every single reviewer gave a negative review on the Duracell AA product page due to battery leakage! Ordered some Black Eneloop XX 2500mAh AA batteries for the Wagnus instead of Duracell (wouldn't want to risk destroying the precious wagnus with leaky batteries! :ph34r: )

Thank you Chen for your advise
I will do soon

May 2, 2014 at 5:14 PM Post #258 of 704
Thank you Chen for your advise
I will do soon

Just received the epsilon s today!
I am thoroughly pleased with its sound, truly remarkable in the way it presents bass, incredibly palpable and present yet tight, extremely addicting. You are right about the sound stage, it is even more free and expansive than I anticipated. Transparency is also of course top notch.

My VorzAmp Pure II is in grave danger of being put on sale soon.
tongue.gif

The only problem is that the amp has hiss with my nt6 pro ciems, is there anything I can do? If there's nothing I can do about the hiss I'm keeping this amp regardless, it was love on first listen
etysmile.gif

May 2, 2014 at 5:54 PM Post #259 of 704
Just received the epsilon s today!
I am thoroughly pleased with its sound, truly remarkable in the way it presents bass, incredibly palpable and present yet tight, extremely addicting. You are right about the sound stage, it is even more free and expansive than I anticipated. Transparency is also of course top notch.

My VorzAmp Pure II is in grave danger of being put on sale soon. :p  

The only problem is that the amp has hiss with my nt6 pro ciems, is there anything I can do? If there's nothing I can do about the hiss I'm keeping this amp regardless, it was love on first listen :etysmile:  

Congrats Chen :beerchug:
I am happy you love Wagnus Epsilon S
With my iems are no hiss , I hope with my Roxanne no hiss too
I am sorry to hear hiss with your NT 6 pro ciem

May 3, 2014 at 12:57 AM Post #260 of 704
Anyone here own or have used attenuators / resistors that they felt didn't negatively affect sq? I am in need of something to give me more volume range and reduce hiss with this amp. Has anyone tried the pad so? Thanks

May 3, 2014 at 1:39 AM Post #261 of 704
Anyone here own or have used attenuators / resistors that they felt didn't negatively affect sq? I am in need of something to give me more volume range and reduce hiss with this amp. Has anyone tried the pad so? Thanks

I don't like attenuators /.resistors make the soundstage narrow

I have 4 attenuators / resistors from Shure / Westone / Er 4 / diy form Hong Kong
Later I try for you which ones is the best

May 3, 2014 at 2:13 AM Post #263 of 704
I don't like attenuators /.resistors make the soundstage narrow

I have 4 attenuators / resistors from Shure / Westone / Er 4 / diy form Hong Kong
Later I try for you which ones is the best

Hi Chen

My fit Ear MH 335 DW now not With Me now and My Roxanne is still not come yet

With Hybrid like Tralucent 1+2 is No hiss
With High impedance iem like Earsonic Sm64 v1 and v2 and Phonak 232 are No hiss

Now i can use Only My UM Miracle
I turn The volume Until half not so noticeable hiss , if i turn to max The i hear The hiss

Thats Mean Your NT 6 Pro is more sensitive than My UM miracle

May 3, 2014 at 2:31 AM Post #264 of 704
Hi Chen

My fit Ear MH 335 DW now not With Me now and My Roxanne is still not come yet

With Hybrid like Tralucent 1+2 is No hiss
With High impedance iem like Earsonic Sm64 v1 and v2 and Phonak 232 are No hiss

Now i can use Only My UM Miracle
I turn The volume Until half not so noticeable hiss , if i turn to max The i hear The hiss

Thats Mean Your NT 6 Pro is more sensitive than My UM miracle

Yeah, 2 clicks up on the volume pot is the max I can go with my nt6 pros, any higher and it is too loud, and 1 click has channel imbalance. Oh well, the extraordinary sq is worth it
tongue.gif

Also, for some reason the volume of the hiss stays the same throughout the whole range of the volume pot.

This amp may be the best sq portable amp in the world, but it definitely isn't the quietest! (this is the only area the pure II beats the wagnus in xD nt6 pro is completely silent / no hiss with pure ii)

May 3, 2014 at 2:44 AM Post #266 of 704

Hi Chen, I am using Roxanne Universal, and no hiss from Wagnus Amp.    I tried Pad-so during Singapore Mook Festival, and it does help sensitive iems to cut down hiss and brightness.   

Thanks evolutionx, is there any way for me to purchase a Pad-so if I live in the US? Although you only had a short time with the Pad-so, did you notice any sq degradation when using it?

btw, how do you like the ak240 w/ epsilon s? (thinking about ponying up for a rwak240+ in the future)

May 3, 2014 at 2:56 AM Post #267 of 704

Thanks evolutionx, is there any way for me to purchase a Pad-so if I live in the US? Although you only had a short time with the Pad-so, did you notice any sq degradation when using it?

btw, how do you like the ak240 w/ epsilon s? (thinking about ponying up for a rwak240+ in the future

I usually go thru Pricejapan for such items, you can try emailing Kaneda-san.    The Pad-so I tried with my Final Audio Design Heaven VI and it does lower the brightness and make for longer listening possible.

AK240 with wagnus amp sounds great with its expanded soundstage.   Actually Wagnus S once given a good source, will scale all music to great level.   I sold all my portable amps after Wagnus S, including the balanced ones.  
beyersmile.png

May 3, 2014 at 3:03 AM Post #268 of 704

I usually go thru Pricejapan for such items, you can try emailing Kaneda-san.    The Pad-so I tried with my Final Audio Design Heaven VI and it does lower the brightness and make for longer listening possible.

AK240 with wagnus amp sounds great with its expanded soundstage.   Actually Wagnus S once given a good source, will scale all music to great level.   I sold all my portable amps after Wagnus S, including the balanced ones.  
beyersmile.png

Thank you, I will email Kaneda-san regarding ordering a Pad-so.

I'm already floored by the Wagnus S with just the J3 (I honestly wasn't expecting the wagnus to absolutely slaughter my poor vorzamp pure ii
biggrin.gif
), I can only imagine how good it will sound when I finally get a decent source. Think for now I'll just get a resonessence concero hd for the wagnus.

May 3, 2014 at 3:13 AM Post #269 of 704

Thank you, I will email Kaneda-san regarding ordering a Pad-so.

I'm already floored by the Wagnus S with just the J3 (I honestly wasn't expecting the wagnus to absolutely slaughter my poor vorzamp pure ii
biggrin.gif
), I can only imagine how good it will sound when I finally get a decent source. Think for now I'll just get a resonessence concero hd for the wagnus.

Great.  Enjoy your Wagnus S.   It has great synergy with TH900 as well.  Totally enjoying mine.   Cheers.   

May 3, 2014 at 3:54 AM Post #270 of 704
Darn it i might cave in and order one, Ive asked the wagnus folks to sale me one but they are charging me 8% Japan tax, sort of unfair as I dont live in Japan.

Do you guys know where I can get one cheap?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back