two blank end panels and screws,
all pieces MILL FINISH ALUMINUM

[Quantity] [Kit price each]
[10] [$55.09]
[25] [$31.91]
[50] [$23.04]
[100] [$17.87]

Full Pricing

These are the prices for the original configuration that we discussed. He also gave me pricing on 4" and 8" and all three sizes anodized or powder coated.

I can upload the .xls file to my share when I get home and link it on here so that everyone can see the other prices.

So right now it looks like:

philodox - 3
natsuro - ?
saab - ?
drewd - 2 or more
randytsuch - ?
llmobll - 2
jefemeister - 1 or 2
skyskraper - 1 or 2

Which is ~12 if you take the lowest values and count the ?'s as 1. So we will need a few more people to make it work. We have to shoot for the 25 part mark at a minimum... 100 would be sweet though.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 20, 2004 at 1:09 PM Post #4 of 59
I'll see what I can find out.

I don't mind being the hub for the group buy, but it might work out better for it to be someone in the states. Right now it is all Canadian interest anyways so it might not be an issue.
smily_headphones1.gif

EDIT: Just in case anyone is unaware, these are the same enclosures that are used to house Headroom's cosmic and supreme amps. I will ask for pricing on 10 chassis with a 6 inch length. They can do any length though, so if anyone has another preference, let me know. I will ask for quotes in bare aluminum and powder coating.

Oct 20, 2004 at 2:37 PM Post #5 of 59
Well I sent off the email and am waiting for a reply.

Funny Story:

The first email I sent got bounced back by 'the unfriendly gateway' which asked me to call. I got some guy that I swear is sitting in some back room smoking a joint who took down my email address and later sent me an email saying I should be able to get through now. The email came in with the subject 'Hey Kid' and he signed it 'XOXOXO Kevin'. Lol... it seems they have fun over there at extrutech.
icon10.gif

Oct 20, 2004 at 2:59 PM Post #7 of 59
I would think that it would be no problem to fit a mint or pimeta in there. The enclosure is 5.25" X 1" X 6", although that last dimension can change.

Edit: eric343 posted a good link to pictures of this chassis a while ago:
http://www.audiogeek.net/meta42/pict...a42/index.html

Oct 20, 2004 at 4:54 PM Post #8 of 59
The bare aluminum finish polishes up very nicely. I built a Pimeta in this one:

pimeta2.jpg
pimeta1.jpg

It's the RS-3025. Initially, you might be taken aback by the rather dull finish on the natural aluminum cases, but, like I said, with a little polishing, they become very shiny!

So, count me in. I'll take several, I'm sure.

-Drew

Oct 20, 2004 at 7:34 PM Post #11 of 59
Oct 20, 2004 at 8:21 PM Post #14 of 59
I'm in for 2 if we can get a price.

Oct 20, 2004 at 8:30 PM Post #15 of 59
Still waiting on a price... email was sent this afternoon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back