Portable enclosure group buy? [extrutech chassis]
Oct 25, 2004 at 9:25 PM Post #31 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by skyskraper
im in australia and may be interested in one.

drewd, where did u get your rs-3025 from?

I got it as a sample from one of the distributors...I was thinking about using them in a super-duper Pimeta, but at $40, minimum quantity 10, the price was a little crushing.

-Drew

Oct 25, 2004 at 11:45 PM Post #32 of 59
yeah that is pretty painful. boss little enclosure though. its like a barrell!! perfect for project watch tv and dvd in bed which is where my pimeta looks like its going to end up....

Oct 28, 2004 at 1:24 PM Post #33 of 59
RS-5010-6000
cut to a 6.0" length,
two blank end panels and screws,
all pieces MILL FINISH ALUMINUM

[Quantity] [Kit price each]
[10] [$55.09]
[25] [$31.91]
[50] [$23.04]
[100] [$17.87]

These are the prices for the original configuration that we discussed. He also gave me pricing on 4" and 8" and all three sizes anodized or powder coated.

I can upload the .xls file to my share when I get home and link it on here so that everyone can see the other prices.

So we definately want it to be 25 minimum... and if we can get it to 50 or 100 it is quite a bit cheaper.

Oct 28, 2004 at 1:38 PM Post #34 of 59
So right now it looks like:

philodox - 3
natsuro - ?
saab - ?
drewd - 2 or more
randytsuch - ?
llmobll - 2
jefemeister - 1 or 2
skyskraper - 1 or 2

Which is ~12 if you take the lowest values and count the ?'s as 1. So we will need a few more people to make it work. We have to shoot for the 25 part mark at a minimum... 100 would be sweet though.
smily_headphones1.gif

EDIT: I've updated the original post with the information here and the pricing.

Oct 28, 2004 at 4:23 PM Post #35 of 59
At 25, I'll take two, at 50, I'll take four, at 100 I'll dance a jig and take 8
icon10.gif

Based on the quality of my RS-3025, I can, without reservation, say that the enclosures are industrial works of art and built with the apocalypse in mind. Take a Hammond 1455, give it some steroids and an attitude and you get an Extrusion Technologies case. I have no doubt that after I'm long gone, some lucky descendent of mine will be enjoying my Pimeta!

-Drew

Oct 28, 2004 at 4:43 PM Post #36 of 59
thats quite steep, not sure i can stretch that far atm (having just bought two rack cases and two hammonds). i will have to get back to you... im sorry
frown.gif

Oct 28, 2004 at 5:41 PM Post #37 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by drewd
At 25, I'll take two, at 50, I'll take four, at 100 I'll dance a jig and take 8
icon10.gif

LOL.... I think I would probably go for a few more if we got a lower price as well. If you can think of any ways to lure more people to this group buy, by all means... the prices are much better in the greater quantities. Or we could start up a new more eye catching thread with the full information.
wink.gif
Quote:

thats quite steep, not sure i can stretch that far atm (having just bought two rack cases and two hammonds). i will have to get back to you...

How much were the hammonds? I think the price is pretty resonable if we can get it to the 50 or 100 range. And the 25 range isnt too bad.

Oct 28, 2004 at 5:44 PM Post #38 of 59
ah i bought mine for ~$20usd each. the rack cases cost me ~$35usd each. im stretching my diy budget for the next month atm
plainface.gif
will see how im going in late nov, got a couple of gigs coming up so might have cash for them, the shipping to .au is what will be the killer for me
frown.gif

Oct 28, 2004 at 5:50 PM Post #39 of 59
Quote:

the shipping to .au is what will be the killer for me
frown.gif

good point... well I will give you a PM before the final order incase we get them real cheap or you change your mind.

I'm pretty sure that these prices were in USD without shipping or taxes... But I've sent him a PM just in case. Its a whole 'nother world if these prices have shipping and taxes factored in and are in CND dollars!
blink.gif

[but I seriously doubt that]

Oct 28, 2004 at 6:02 PM Post #40 of 59
yup cheers. ill be keeping an eye on this thread for sure
smily_headphones1.gif
i just can't committ to anything atm, i have vinyl and cigarette addictions to feed as it stands
wink.gif
now diy is joining them im getting more and more broke.... coupled with the fact i have nothing to put in them atm hehehehe

i can't get over drewd's barrell enclosure, it would be sweet if these extrutechs could be bought from normal diy sites in single units!

Oct 28, 2004 at 6:04 PM Post #41 of 59
Quote:

i can't get over drewd's barrell enclosure, it would be sweet if these extrutechs could be bought from normal diy sites in single units!

I know... I've never really liked the headroom little [same enclosure], but drewds shiney aluminum PIMETA in it looks great.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 28, 2004 at 7:55 PM Post #42 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by philodox
jefemeister - 1 or 2

I'm out. I feel like I'm playing poker
biggrin.gif
Thanks for your efforts though.

Oct 28, 2004 at 8:15 PM Post #43 of 59
Well this is starting to disintegrate...
frown.gif

Oct 28, 2004 at 11:26 PM Post #45 of 59
These chassis are far superior in construction and looks than the Hammonds that everyone uses IMO. Take a look at the Headroom Cosmic... its a beautifull amp. Now imagine it in brushed aluminum or polished aluminum.

Anyways... it is not that expensive if we can get a lot of intrest. Obviously no-one want to pay $55, but $23 or $17 is not that bad at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back