Portable DAP for Tidal
Sep 6, 2017 at 1:53 PM Post #76 of 136
I have the same issue using Tidal app on the Pioneer XDP-300R and have not heard about a "fix." Hoping someone else here has one...
Yeah the Sony isn't quite as bad as the fiio, but on the fiio I can at least restart the track or skip to the next and the issue stops for awhile. Only works with the screen on tho for some reason.

Sep 6, 2017 at 6:04 PM Post #77 of 136
Good luck since this has been a problem with the X7 for the past 2 years. I've read the X5iii and X7ii have the issue as well. X7ii isn't as bad but the problem is still there. I think it has something to do with the crappy CPU (Rockchip) all these DAP's use. I just use an android phone now and won't purchase another DAP until someone can fix this issue.

Sep 6, 2017 at 6:17 PM Post #78 of 136
Good luck since this has been a problem with the X7 for the past 2 years. I've read the X5iii and X7ii have the issue as well. X7ii isn't as bad but the problem is still there. I think it has something to do with the crappy CPU (Rockchip) all these DAP's use. I just use an android phone now and won't purchase another DAP until someone can fix this issue.
That makes sense. I just purchased a mojo/poly the other day so I'm not overly concerned about it. It's just nice having a one piece solution for the gym, work, etc when I avoid my phone anyway.

Thanks for the insight tho!

Sep 8, 2017 at 1:41 PM Post #79 of 136
Hey, I'm new headfi and to audio gear. Lifetime music lover and I've always loved headphones and iems, but just recently started investing in quality portable gear to finally start getting more my iems.

My question is this. I have Tidal and Spotify both installed on my Sony zx2 and fiio x5iii. Spotify works perfectly fine, but unfortunately Tidal "skips". It basically makes a noise similar to vinyl crackle and the tracks stutter. Does this whether online or offline. Anyone have any idea of how to remedy this issue?

I have same issue with tidal on x5iii. I have reported it to them on this thread. It would be good if others chimed in on it to gain momentum on a fix.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/fii...-7-for-x5-3rd-gen.839702/page-2#post-13709456

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2017 at 2:12 PM Post #80 of 136
I have same issue with tidal on x5iii. I have reported it to them on this thread. It would be good if others chimed in on it to gain momentum on a fix.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/fii...-7-for-x5-3rd-gen.839702/page-2#post-13709456

I did accidentally fix the issue on the Sony. I forgot to switch tidal to offline after I turned my wifi off. It was playing offline files, just didn't have the "offline" selector turned on in settings. Played for the entire 4 hours I had it running without a problem.

Unfortunately that didn't work for the fiio tho.

Sep 18, 2017 at 9:30 AM Post #81 of 136
Seems like other people are in my situation. Looking for a fully portable gear. I have my s8 paired with the mojo but the battery drains a lot bevquse of the usb out. I bought the oppo ha2 se that i wanted to pair with darker iems. Anyway, back on the subject it seems that no DAP is perfect even if you pay a lot for them. Some people just want to losten to their stored music. I want to stream, and should be android as spotify and tidal are a mist of for me. Pioneer or onkyo latest offerings seem to be the closest

Sep 18, 2017 at 9:39 AM Post #82 of 136
Seems like other people are in my situation. Looking for a fully portable gear. I have my s8 paired with the mojo but the battery drains a lot bevquse of the usb out. I bought the oppo ha2 se that i wanted to pair with darker iems. Anyway, back on the subject it seems that no DAP is perfect even if you pay a lot for them. Some people just want to losten to their stored music. I want to stream, and should be android as spotify and tidal are a mist of for me. Pioneer or onkyo latest offerings seem to be the closest
I have the Onkyo DP-X1 and I'm pretty happy with it! It works quite well with Tidal, and I can even choose if I want to store the Offline content on the internal storage or one of the SD cards.

Sep 18, 2017 at 9:46 AM Post #83 of 136
I have the Onkyo DP-X1 and I'm pretty happy with it! It works quite well with Tidal, and I can even choose if I want to store the Offline content on the internal storage or one of the SD cards.
as i said i think those 2 are the only offerings close to what i need. Now if only i can find oen for a good price :p

Sep 18, 2017 at 2:28 PM Post #84 of 136
I ditched Tidal due to the stuttering between tracks, and no gapless playback on the app.I use qobuz now it's just as good as Tidal

Sep 18, 2017 at 5:01 PM Post #85 of 136
I ditched Tidal due to the stuttering between tracks, and no gapless playback on the app.I use qobuz now it's just as good as Tidal
I tried qobuz. For some reason everything was in French and I couldn't even figure it out enough to find an option to change anything to English lol. The search worked in English tho? But it didn't have hardly any of the bands I listen to. I listen to alot of newer bands and hardcore punk/metalcore. The limited selection in my favorite genres was a Def no go for me.

Sep 18, 2017 at 5:04 PM Post #86 of 136
Does the Onkyo have the same issues with Tidal? I can't find anything referencing this so I'm assuming it doesn't. I still have time to return my fiio x5iii to Amazon so I was thinking of getting either the Onkyo dp-x1a or the pioneer xdp-300r.

Sep 19, 2017 at 3:31 AM Post #89 of 136
Does the Onkyo have the same issues with Tidal? I can't find anything referencing this so I'm assuming it doesn't. I still have time to return my fiio x5iii to Amazon so I was thinking of getting either the Onkyo dp-x1a or the pioneer xdp-300r.
What issues are you talking about? From my own experience I do not have any issues with Tidal :)

Sep 19, 2017 at 5:03 AM Post #90 of 136
OK my apologies if this is a daft question. I have the AK300 and more or less use it exclusively with Tidal.
I am thinking about stopping purchasing music altogether as TIDAL sort of revolutionised the way I listen to music. Problem is I love to copy it to my car so will still buy some albums.
More importantly when I am abroad my DAP is essential. In many countries the Wifi is dreadful so TIDAL does not work. Are there any DAPs that allow TIDAL to work offline, so when I am abroad it will still be available.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back