1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Portable DAC Under $500 CAD

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by StevenF19, Mar 25, 2019.
  1. StevenF19
    Hello,

I'm looking for a portable DAC under $500 for my Shure SE535s. I searched this subforum but couldn't find anything that recent. I'll mainly be using my Android phone's Tidal app (Xiaomi Mi Mix 2), a windows desktop, and my iBasso DX50. I've been looking at the Chord Mojo which is above my preferred price point but if it's significantly better than my other options I'd probably be willing to spring for one. Portability is very important and integrated bluetooth would be a bonus as well, but not absolutely necessary.

Thanks.

2. PointyFox
    If you're trying to get some sort of improvement to the sound you should start by getting better IEMs. A more expensive DAC isn't going to do anything. The SE535 is pretty mediocre. There are options under even $200 that sound significantly better such as the BGVP DM6 or qdc Neptune.

3. TheoS53
    There are a couple of great options out there. Here are a few and their US$ prices

iFi Nano iDSD BL - 200

Monolith THX AAA - 280

iFi xDSD - 400

FiiO's upcoming Q5s - 350