Portable Case for UE10 Pro
Oct 2, 2005 at 10:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

solvexyz

1000+ Head-Fier
I was wondering what portable case do you use for UE10 Pro. Can the Shure portable case be able to hold the UE10 Pro?

Oct 2, 2005 at 11:00 PM Post #2 of 19
I have pulled out the plastic spool from my E3s' case so as to get the room for 2X-S. They can be stored there, though the case is rather tight. Whenever I don't use them (which doesn't happen often
biggrin.gif
), they either hang from my neck or I put them into my pocket (a secure and not tight pocket, like the one on a shirt, suit, etc.).

Oct 2, 2005 at 11:06 PM Post #3 of 19
Are you talking about those smallish, round cases from Shure?? Hell, I didn't even dared to jam my E2Cs into it. I doubt the UE10s will fit in there - I guess the same applies for the UE case. I thought of using a pen case instead so it would be big enough and I won't have to loop up the wire.

Ciao,
Marcus

Oct 2, 2005 at 11:17 PM Post #4 of 19
UE's should fit as well when the spool from the Shure case is out, but the fit is definitely tight. We need to find some other, more appropriate solutions, I guess.

Oct 2, 2005 at 11:23 PM Post #5 of 19
I have looked around a bit lately as I had the same worries as solvexyz, but have not found a solution besides the mentioned pen case.

Has anyone asked UE about a solution? As they're pushing into the consumer market I think they will/should look into a portable case - just like they did for the super.fis.

Ciao,
Marcus

Oct 2, 2005 at 11:25 PM Post #6 of 19
This may sound dumbd, but how do you take the spool out of those Shure cases anyway? I want to take mine out as I fear for the cable connection on the phones.

Oct 2, 2005 at 11:31 PM Post #7 of 19
You need some pliers and some nimble fingers, that will do
smily_headphones1.gif
. However, when you pool the spool out there are two little holes in the case where the spool was originally placed (you can call'em "ventilation holes"
smily_headphones1.gif
).

Oct 2, 2005 at 11:44 PM Post #8 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by solvexyz
I was wondering what portable case do you use for UE10 Pro. Can the Shure portable case be able to hold the UE10 Pro?

Won't they fit in the UM2 case? It's a bit larger than the Shure offering and has no spool to take up room.

Oct 2, 2005 at 11:59 PM Post #9 of 19
Yeah, I try to put my Westone UM2 in the Shure case, and it is rather tight fit. I pretty sure UE10 Pro is going to be a lot bigger than UM2, so it seems to me it will not be a good idea to jam such expensive IEM into that. Anybody tried the super.fi metallic case? Will that do it?

Oct 3, 2005 at 12:02 AM Post #10 of 19
although larger than the above mentioned shure spool cases, the otterbox 1000 or similar pelican case are AWSOME for protection.

i have photos of my mom's car ontop of my otterbox with er4p's in it. also in a sink full of water.

if you use a SMALL portable player (probably only flash) it will probably fit in there too.

Oct 3, 2005 at 12:09 AM Post #11 of 19
solvexyz - just take a look at the following picture and I believe you will agree with me that they might be too small (look like as they are almost as big as the shure cases): http://www.ultimateears.com/superfi/..._sept-2005.jpg

EDIT: he nikongod, the otterbox 1000 looks indeed promising. They are even available in Germany - just found them in a diving shop. With it's size of 11x7x3,5 [cm] they probably fit the UE10s - maybe a little foam is needed to make sure the IEMs are "comfortable".

Oct 3, 2005 at 12:13 AM Post #12 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by MarcusH
solvexyz - just take a look at the following picture and I believe you will agree with me that they might be too small (look like as they are almost as big as the shure cases): http://www.ultimateears.com/superfi/..._sept-2005.jpg

Yeah, thanks MarcusH. I think it is ganna be too small for UE10 Pro. I really hope a smaller and more portable version of the Westone Pelican case for UE10 Pro is available - Waterproof + ability to survive a holocaust.

Edit: Wow, just did a search for otterbox 1000, and it maybe be the answer to my Portable version of the Westone Pelican case. Thanks, nikongod.

Oct 3, 2005 at 1:46 AM Post #13 of 19
It will of course depend upon the size of your individual pieces, but mine fit the Shure clam shell. It's a very tight fit though. They also fit the UE Super.Fi leather pouch but it's not very sturdy. I really wish UE would make a portable case available for it that was sturdy and compact.

They also fit the metal Super.Fi 5 case if you pull out the plastic spool, but it's a little akward to put it in, and I'm not sure if the metal will scratch the surface of the UE-10s. I suppose it would be easy enough to line it with something.

I just tried to fit it in a mint tin and it's a little to shallow for mine. Of course, YMMV.

Oct 3, 2005 at 1:52 AM Post #14 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spiritboxer
Won't they fit in the UM2 case? It's a bit larger than the Shure offering and has no spool to take up room.

I just got my UM2's and that case should easily fit UE10's.

Oct 3, 2005 at 2:32 AM Post #15 of 19

Users who are viewing this thread

Back