Portable Case for UE10 Pro
Oct 3, 2005 at 3:09 AM Post #16 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jasper994
They also fit the metal Super.Fi 5 case if you pull out the plastic spool, but it's a little akward to put it in, and I'm not sure if the metal will scratch the surface of the UE-10s. I suppose it would be easy enough to line it with something.

After our chat the other day that is exactly what I did. Mine fit perfectly inside the Super.fi case and it still remains crush-proof. Moreover, the way I put mine in allows for easy winding of the cord and a 1/4 inch adaptor. I guess it depends on the size of each persons UE-10's.
biggrin.gif

Oct 3, 2005 at 3:13 AM Post #17 of 19
here is a photo of (formerly) my er4's in my otterbox 1000

click for picture

the shure e5 that i recently got fit well. the ultimate ears without the "crossiver thingy" on the cable should also fit, no problem. i do use a small block of foam to keep them from rattiling about.

Oct 3, 2005 at 3:56 AM Post #18 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus
I've seen this Westone case suggested in a similar thread about UE-10 Pro's. I haven't tried it myself but plan to.

http://www.westone.com/cgi-local/Sof...html?E+scstore

This is the case that currently comes with the UM2, similar but slightly larger than the Shure E3 version and without a spool. I found it to be inadequate for my purposes and ordered the original Pelican case which should be arriving sometime this week.

Oct 3, 2005 at 9:52 AM Post #19 of 19
According to the recent posts, it looks like the UE10s DO fit in the Shure/UE/UM2 cases. Nevertheless I guess I'll use something like the otterbox instead - I believe there 's a psychological motive, I don't want those expensive beasts to be jammed into some small case. It'll make me feel alot better if I know they have some "air to breathe" *g* in their case - so the otterbox + some foam will probably be my solution (it's not too big I think - it will easily fit into my backpack I wear for university).

I guess it's up to everyones personal choice whether she/he is okay with their UE10s/2X-S's being stuffed up in a small case or not.

Ciao,
Marcus

Users who are viewing this thread

Back