Portable cans for girlfriend
Aug 24, 2010 at 3:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Crackerman

100+ Head-Fier
My girlfriend has tiny ears. Not just tiny, but oddly shaped. This means that she has a hard time getting a good fit with most iem's, even the Q-Jays. 

I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for some fairly compact, decent circumaural headphones. Budget would be up to £100, I'd go over it if they look good enough though. 

They need to be easy to drive out of an iPod and have a fairly warm/fun sound rather than anything particularly analytical. She does like the sound signature of the Q-Jays quite a bit, if that's any help. It would be good if they isolated quite well, too. 

Thanks in advance.

I was considering the Denon D1001's as I had a pair and quite liked them, but wanted to know if there are any quality alternatives. 

Aug 24, 2010 at 7:58 PM Post #2 of 4
ath-M50?

Aug 24, 2010 at 8:15 PM Post #3 of 4
Since your girlfriend has such tiny, oddly shaped ears, I have read the ATH-ES7 be circumaural on her, and if not then the ATH-WS70 may be. 

Those are pretty cool looking, and portable. 

Take a look at the Fischer Audio FA-004 and FA-003. They may be good. The reviews are comparing them favorably to high end stuff. Not compact tho.

Aug 25, 2010 at 7:05 PM Post #4 of 4
If you really concern about the appearance of the headphone, then ATH would be good. Otherwise, since you don't want to use it with an amp, Denon should be ok (e.g. your D1001).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back