Portable Amp for Westone 4r and Shure 846 under $500
Sep 1, 2013 at 6:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

prashant

New Head-Fier
My budget is $500 , I listen to all kind of music including Rock ,Jazz ,Pop , trance .

My primary source is IPhone and my macbook air , and I'm looking for a portable amp to drive the two iems I own

Sep 2, 2013 at 2:27 AM Post #2 of 5
The C&C BH (a fairly good portable budget amp) goes for around $100 on eBay with stellar performance for it's price-to-performance ratio.

The JDS Labs C5 is also another great performing amp of well-defined neutrality and clarity, which goes for a bit of a pricier cost, at around $230. 

I use my amps for trance, rock, pop, RnB, and the amps perform exceptionally well. 

If you're going to be using an iPhone as a source, I'd suggest you grab an LOD also for your new setup.

Sep 2, 2013 at 10:36 PM Post #3 of 5
I am using the RSA shadow with my se846s. A bit on the higher end of the price scale, but imo it is a great portable. It is smaller than I had expected it to be, and the battery life is phenominal. I came off of using a Fiio E11, and I am definitely happy with the purchase. Also, as suggested, snag a LOD for your source, as that will generally provide a cleaner signal for your amp.

Sep 2, 2013 at 11:47 PM Post #4 of 5
Im using 2 amps with my w4r and thatd the ibasso p4 warbler and the sr71-b

The w4r and the sr71b are excellent paired together imo. Phenomenal resolution, clarity, excellent highs excellent mids. You can have the amp upgraded with the intruder gains I think this is a excellent choice. I honestly cant say I dont like anything about it. Stupid powerful on the smaller side of the footprint

I got mine used for 450.00 so you might want to lookout for the sale section you can get good deals.

Sep 3, 2013 at 1:11 AM Post #5 of 5
Thanks for the reply guys , I managed to order for myself a RSA Shadow at the end. I would be getting my hands on it later this month. Shall update my experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back