Portable Amp For T70p - 200$ budget
Sep 4, 2013 at 6:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

omerbu1

100+ Head-Fier
Hi

I've been using the Beyer T70p for over a year now, directly connected to my iPod Classic, And I need Suggestions for a portable amp, which would make a difference (I've previously used the Fiio E11 with a LOD but the amp broke down
frown.gif

I'ts for portable use mostly, so a DAC is not really necessery but I won't mind paying the extra money for a DAC as long the Amp is fully portable (about same footprint as the iPod classic, Not to thick)

Price is 200$,250 Max

Any Suggestions?

Thanks A lot!

Sep 4, 2013 at 4:08 PM Post #2 of 12
Save yourself some money and try the C&C BH $99.

Sep 4, 2013 at 7:07 PM Post #3 of 12
  I've been using the Beyer T70p for over a year now, directly connected to my iPod Classic, And I need Suggestions for a portable amp, which would make a difference (I've previously used the Fiio E11 with a LOD but the amp broke down
frown.gif

It's for portable use mostly, so a DAC is not really necessary but I won't mind paying the extra money for a DAC as long the Amp is fully portable (about same footprint as the iPod classic, Not to thick)
Price is $200, $250 Max.

It costs too much for an external DAC (portable or desktop) that works with the Apple's LOD port (like the LOD port on the iPod Classic).

So there is the Fiio E11 or E12 portable headphone amplifier.
The PAV2V (Pocket Amplifier 2 Version 2), works off batteries or AC.

You could also spend that $200-$250 on a DAP (Digital Audio Player) that is better then the iPod Classic.
So you only have one item to carry around with the headphones.
Check out the Fiio X3 and iBasso DX50 digital audio players.
(Sell off the iPod)

Sep 19, 2013 at 2:11 PM Post #5 of 12

Thanks! Looks like The perfect amp for me, an Upper-Tier E11

If you can spare the extra cash the Fiio E12 is no slouch either.

Sep 20, 2013 at 9:12 AM Post #7 of 12

up to 200$ is no problem, but Who In your opinion is the better amp? the BH or the E12?

Personally I prefer the E12 especially for power hungry cans. The E12 is only $30 more than the BH.
My E12 combined with X3 or DX50 gives me quality that's close enough to my desktop setup that I feel I don't need more for a killer portable rig.

Sep 20, 2013 at 10:16 AM Post #8 of 12

Personally I prefer the E12 especially for power hungry cans. The E12 is only $30 more than the BH.
My E12 combined with X3 or DX50 gives me quality that's close enough to my desktop setup that I feel I don't need more for a killer portable rig.

Just Ordered The E12, Hoping It will be as good as you say, the T70p are tricky cans, on one hand they are 32 Ohm Impedance, but on the other hand they are big, All-metal, tesla drivers cans so amping them is always a bit of riddle

Anyway thanks alot a man! 

Sep 20, 2013 at 10:33 AM Post #9 of 12

Just Ordered The E12, Hoping It will be as good as you say, the T70p are tricky cans, on one hand they are 32 Ohm Impedance, but on the other hand they are big, All-metal, tesla drivers cans so amping them is always a bit of riddle

The E12 should be able to handle them better than the BH. I have some very demanding cans and the E12 can basically handle all of them. Be sure to post in here once you get it.

Sep 22, 2013 at 4:06 PM Post #11 of 12

Cancel that order. The T70P is incredibly easy to drive--you just don't need all that power. If you want to hold on to your iPod Classic, get a slim amp like the C421 or D-Zero. If you want a one box solution, the DX50 may be right up your alley. Though I haven't heard it myself, it seems to work like a charm with C/IEMs and portables like your T70P. FYI the P stands for portable--it's meant to be easy to drive!

Dec 25, 2013 at 1:19 PM Post #12 of 12
I'd like to know if the E12 worked for you. I have a pair of T70p with an iPod Touch 4 & 5 and was curious about an amp as well. Not because I think I need one, but everyone says an amp makes everything better. So I'm more curious. Last week I bought a $30 headphone amp at Radio Shack by Auvio. Unless I'm using A DSP that lowers, the gain output I can't say I notice any difference. But I don't know if its because I'm using a cheaper amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back