Portable amp for Hugo2+LCD4

Discussion in 'Portable Headphone Amps' started by IgeNeLL, Oct 8, 2017.
  1. IgeNeLL
    Hi every one.

Currently i'm in troublesome situation when need to find a portable amp for LCD4.
    My brother using LCD4 with chord hugo 2, but hugo2 seem not to able to drive LCD4. I need an portable amp to complete the stack. I need:
    - Size equal to Hugo 2.
    - Stylish with metal appearance.
    - Enough power to feed LCD4.
    - Price range 1k-2k, more can be acceptable if the quality surpass others.

Currently I using Alo rx mk3 b+ and cypherlab trio but I need more than that. Can any one suggest me a suitable to put in to the stack. Many thanks.

[​IMG]

2. audionewbi
    Look up bakoon hda 5230

3. Currawong Contributor
    In what way is it not driving the LCD-4 sufficiently? What are you hearing?

4. Jasonaudio23
    I have some Utopias and am thinking of trading for LCD4 but am afraid Hugo 2 will not be able to properly push them. Anyone have any knowledge of this?

5. Currawong Contributor
    They should, given that they are 200 Ohms, and 97dB / 1mW, be fine out of the Hugo 2. If my experience with the Utopias has been any indication, it might not be as good as you can get if you also had a top-of-the-line amp.

6. jmills8
    Ifi Micro BL replaced my Hugo 2.

7. Jasonaudio23
    Thanks for responding. Any suggestions on top of the line amp? Most bang for buck. Thanks

8. IgeNeLL
    One of the most powerful portable amp I have tried is alo rx mk3 -b+. But I need a amp that have adequate size to hugo2 and exceed power of rxmk3 -b+, any suggestion :)

9. jmills8
    Why have 2 units if one ifi BL will equal those 2 ?

10. Currawong Contributor
    That's why I suggested seeing how the Hugo 2 does with the LCD-4 first.