Portable amp Dac with Adjustable DSP for iems?
Jul 15, 2022 at 6:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Mrfunk

New Head-Fier
Im looking for a portable amp dac with fully adjustable Dsp, to power my 7hz timeless iems. I want this to be compact and have aptx hd. Budget £200 gbp. The device must be compatible with 4.4mm balanced

The Dsp is essential, as I really need the flexibility to tune these iems to my taste…

I’m using an android device ..

I welcome advice…many thanks. Haven’t gout a clue where to start. I have just sold my Fiio M11 pro

Funk

Jul 15, 2022 at 6:47 PM Post #2 of 10
By DSP do you mean EQ? I personally recommend the Qudelix 5k, as the PEQ works on usb and all bluetooth codecs including LDAC. You will need a 4.4mm to 2.5mm adapter however.

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2022 at 6:54 PM Post #3 of 10
Yes I mean EQ. What a coincidence, the first one I've found is the Qudelix 5k just been looking at this. To be honest looks perfect.. how does it sound? I'm a complete bass head, and slightly deaf, across the band so to speak. So needs to deliver a decent powerful output

Jul 15, 2022 at 6:58 PM Post #4 of 10
Yes I mean EQ. What a coincidence, the first one I've found is the Qudelix 5k just been looking at this. To be honest looks perfect.. how does it sound? I'm a complete bass head, and slightly deaf, across the band so to speak. So needs to deliver a decent powerful output
Yes I get enough volume on my HD6xx with a -9db preamp for a bass shelf PEQ on balanced using High Gain and Performance mode, same with my HE400se. Sounds good as well.

Jul 17, 2022 at 11:12 AM Post #7 of 10
Aug 11, 2022 at 6:34 AM Post #10 of 10
Let us know how it sounds. Are you planning to use it with Timeless?
Well it arrived, speedy delivery and a great price from @SoundJedi !

im using this with my set of timeless, sounds ridiculous ! So, so detailed, I’m a bass head, and this bottom end hits like a sledgehammer, again not just bass but depth and detail.

mid and top detail sounds better than my Fiio M11pro. I’m using an android One plus 9t pro, Roon combined with Flac files. I’m an electronics fan, and this combo is perfect.

im carrying this set up in a great case a Nanuk Nano310 (highly recommended).

thanks again for the advice on this fantastic forum and to @SoundJedi for being a great honest seller !

Funk x

Users who are viewing this thread

Back