Portable AMP/DAC for ATH-M50?
Aug 13, 2012 at 1:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

EvanW

New Head-Fier
I have decided on getting the Audio Technica ATH-M50s, and now I have to decide on an amp. I want the amp to have a built in DAC, since I am still using my motherboards built in sound. I like the idea of the FiiO E7, but I have heard that its non-DAC counterpart, the E11 has superior performance. So now I am stuck, do I get the superior amp performance of the E11, but have to use the built in sound of my motherboard? Or do I go with the E7, sacrificing amp capabilities to also have a built in DAC? Any other portable amp/DAC suggestions would be appreciated too. I have a Gigabyte GA-73PVM-S2H motherboard by the way.

EDIT: Another option would be to buy a cheap sound card that would be a better DAC than the E7 and get the E11, any suggestions there?

Aug 15, 2012 at 12:31 AM Post #7 of 10
I've been running fine off an E7 I just picked up. The pirce range isn't too bad (especially off of Amazon) and it is basically the E17 only a few pegs down. The M50's aren't too hard to drive, so I'd say the E7 would be A-okay.

Aug 15, 2012 at 12:37 AM Post #8 of 10
perhaps you could consider buying ibasso d-zero rather than the e7 because the d-zero is abit better than the e7 interms of soundquality

Users who are viewing this thread

Back