Portable amp and/or dac for DT 770
Dec 26, 2012 at 4:54 PM Post #16 of 23
Quote:
I'll ask again: what do you think those "audio processors" do?

Well, in the old days on the motherboards they processed audio, before being sent of to the separate DAC chip.
But it looks like now they are just integating the DAC on to the audio processors.

Dec 26, 2012 at 4:55 PM Post #17 of 23
I appreciate all help, but as someone already said, there is another topic for discussion on Realtek. Whether they have a dac or not, it is crap.

Update: I bought an E17. For phones it will take some time until DACs are adopted, if it happens at all, since it is such a niche still. I will do research on the DAC in the phone when I get a new one, but I gave up on externals for now. But considering I bring my laptop with me practically everywhere, and I don't think I will ever go back to a desktop, that made me pick the very portable E17.

Jan 9, 2013 at 2:51 AM Post #18 of 23
Quote:
Well, in the old days on the motherboards they processed audio, before being sent of to the separate DAC chip.
But it looks like now they are just integating the DAC on to the audio processors.

Angel,

I recently purchased DT 770 Pro 250, and am looking for an Amp or Amp/DAC  Mainly to be used with Iphone4S and iPad, and Work Computer.  I was considering E17.  Your thoughts?

Jan 10, 2013 at 8:20 PM Post #19 of 23
Angel,

I recently purchased DT 770 Pro 250, and am looking for an Amp or Amp/DAC  Mainly to be used with Iphone4S and iPad, and Work Computer.  I was considering E17.  Your thoughts?

I recently tried the same combo and felt that the DT770s needed more power. I ended up selling the E17. I bought lekerton uha-6s mk.II and there still isnt enough headroom. The 250ohm is alot to drive. Looks like i may do some more amp shopping...

Jan 13, 2013 at 1:40 PM Post #21 of 23
Quote:
I recently tried the same combo and felt that the DT770s needed more power. I ended up selling the E17. I bought lekerton uha-6s mk.II and there still isnt enough headroom. The 250ohm is alot to drive. Looks like i may do some more amp shopping...

i dont know what your talking about, my phone can drive them... they dont sound as good, but they still work... i use a cmoy or an e11 to "drive" them and it works just fine.

Feb 6, 2013 at 3:41 AM Post #22 of 23
I also have a HTC One X, and am very likely (after much reading) going to pick up a pair of DT 770 80 ohms. I'd actually like to pick up the LE 32 ohms, but it'll run an extra 85 bucks or so, so it isn't really worth it. I'll also be using it with my Asus TF300 and/or Lenovo Y460, but without checking the specs I can go ahead and assume it's using similar cards to your Sony.
So, question is, how is the sound quality coming out the 770s unamped from the One X? How does it compare to your E17 amped source on your laptop?
I'm wondering if the E11 or even the E6 will be somewhat comparable as well.

And lastly... How do you guys carry around 3m cables?! I've seen cutting the wire of course, but also braiding it. Is the braid bulky and cumbersome?

Thanks!

May 1, 2013 at 10:35 PM Post #23 of 23
I also have a HTC One X, and am very likely (after much reading) going to pick up a pair of DT 770 80 ohms. I'd actually like to pick up the LE 32 ohms, but it'll run an extra 85 bucks or so, so it isn't really worth it. I'll also be using it with my Asus TF300 and/or Lenovo Y460, but without checking the specs I can go ahead and assume it's using similar cards to your Sony.
So, question is, how is the sound quality coming out the 770s unamped from the One X? How does it compare to your E17 amped source on your laptop?
I'm wondering if the E11 or even the E6 will be somewhat comparable as well.

And lastly... How do you guys carry around 3m cables?! I've seen cutting the wire of course, but also braiding it. Is the braid bulky and cumbersome?

Thanks!
try a sinnet knot its on y.t and as for bulky ?? You are considering carrying around a portable rig its a love thing ...also I bought a monte blanc amp the other day ...fairly powerful amp and its not a lot which means it was in my reach ...also try youtube..ing a sinnet knot or monkey braid shortens up your cord and it looks cool its all what you want and are looking for ...sorry bout your wallet ....good luck friend

Users who are viewing this thread

Back