Portable 150-200$ amp/DAC for AKG k702/Q701
May 7, 2012 at 6:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

dips

New Head-Fier
Can somebody suggest really good amp/DAC for AKG K702/Q701. I have heard they need really good driver and probably fiio e17 wont be good enough. I am looking for something portable, in the range 150-200$.

May 7, 2012 at 7:06 PM Post #2 of 5
I'm going to assume that you don't own those headphones. In fact I know you don't have them, because if you did, you would know how terrible they are for portable use.

- Both of those headphones are OPEN. They leak and let in lots of sound.
- They are massive in size.
- They have no portability mechanics like folding.
- The cable is 3 meters long.

It makes no sense whatsoever to use these headphones in a portable setup.

May 7, 2012 at 7:10 PM Post #3 of 5
Quote:
I'm going to assume that you don't own those headphones. In fact I know you don't have them, because if you did, you would know how terrible they are for portable use.
- Both of those headphones are OPEN. They leak and let in lots of sound.
- They are massive in size.
- They have no portability mechanics like folding.
- The cable is 3 meters long.
It makes no sense whatsoever to use these headphones in a portable setup.

I agree with everything you've said. I personally own the K702s myself and i think it'd be a waste to use them on a portable rig BUT i have seen someone use Q701s in the public.

I walked into the mens bathroom and there were 2 standing urinals and the dude on one of them had the Q701s on. Man law states that you should not engage in conversation whilst doing your business. Needless to say he finished early and i didn't get the chance to catch up to the guy and ask him how he's powering his Q701s. It was interesting though...to see someone use Q701s in public.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back