Porta-Pro Recabling?
Feb 18, 2009 at 7:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

NeonPirateKing

100+ Head-Fier
Hello everyone, I am seeking some help from the community. Today, unfortunately my Porta-Pro's cables were slightly ripped out of the (socket/connector?) and now the Left side has no sound coming out. I am wondering if it is possible to fix this problem by recabling the headphone. If so, how should I go about doing this? Thanks for helping this newb. =D

Nov 29, 2009 at 12:32 PM Post #4 of 8
Yeah, how about just using their lifetime warranty?

Nov 29, 2009 at 8:17 PM Post #5 of 8
As the two previous posts recommend, use the force jmabrao...... The no questions asked warranty works. It does cost $6 ($7cn)+shipping to them.

I've used it twice now on my porta-pro headphones I bought in 2001. The headphones came back each time with new rubber and speakers. The first time my cord had hardened from my skin oils and cracked, the earpads and rubber pads were falling apart. The second time my dog chewed the left phone into gnarled plastic, plus the cord had cracked from my skin oils again and I had repaired it with heatshrink tubing and a soldering iron. Its funny how my skin oils attack chinese cords. So far my Shure E2c, and every cheap phone that comes bundled has cracked their cords. But my Iriver cheap bundled phones made in Japan never cracked.

Dec 1, 2009 at 11:02 PM Post #6 of 8
Definitely take advantage of the lifetime warranty. Living in Milwaukee I had it easy. Shipping cost me nothing since I could just take them right to the factory.
biggrin.gif

I've had 2 speakers and 2 pairs of headphones replaced by Koss, no questions asked. IMHO the best warranty in the business.

Dec 1, 2009 at 11:13 PM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by bjaardker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Definitely take advantage of the lifetime warranty. Living in Milwaukee I had it easy. Shipping cost me nothing since I could just take them right to the factory.
biggrin.gif

I've had 2 speakers and 2 pairs of headphones replaced by Koss, no questions asked. IMHO the best warranty in the business.

The kind lady at the factory store told me, "If these ever get dirty or anything, just step on them and we'll give you a new pair."

Mar 27, 2011 at 10:46 AM Post #8 of 8
Yeah the lifetime warranty is great thing but after waiting for almost 3 months to get my "25th" limited edition pair replaced thorugh my arse-to-deal-with local distributor (not in the U.S) i'm reluctant to send them for service now that the right channel got busted. And I got them just two weeks ago...
I'd like to try and fix it myseld if it's in the drivers solder connectios. Can anyone guide me how to open the drivers housing? I tried to mess around a bit with an exacto knife but i don't want to scar them clueless, It would be helpful if anyone can mark the part where i'm supposed to dig in:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back