Popular Classical Music
Nov 13, 2022 at 4:19 AM Post #7,878 of 8,702

Thanks Ms Bright, I had forgotten about him!

Sergei Nakariakov & Kirill Soldatov - 2 flugelhorns

Vivaldi - Concerto for two cellos in G minor, RV 531

Nov 15, 2022 at 6:25 AM Post #7,882 of 8,702
Yesterday another excellent concert in Madrid. Now without covid restrictions international orquestras are returning to Madrid. Yesterday it was the Orquestra of the National Academy of St Cecilia, Rome conducted by Sir Antonio Pappano.
First part was Beethoven violin concerto with a first class soloist Lisa Batiashvilli. Simply excellent, what beautiful sound she gets out of her violin. Lisa played a beautiful encore, all the concert with a dress with the colours of the Ukrainian flag. She is Georgian.
Second part was Schumann symphony num 2 which was also excellent. I was listening to the recent Barenboim Staatskapelle Schumann symphonies and Pappano´s version was quite different but equally great. Here the strings do not sound as powerfull but have a beatiful sound.
Last but not least two encores by the orquestra: first a strings piece by Respighi and finally Mozart´s overture to The marriage of Figaro.
All together an excellent concert
Here you have an interview with the great conductor. Next year he will be the director of the London Symphony.

The art of conducting | Sir Antonio Pappano​

Nov 15, 2022 at 12:56 PM Post #7,884 of 8,702
Yesterday another excellent concert in Madrid. Now without covid restrictions international orquestras are returning to Madrid. Yesterday it was the Orquestra of the National Academy of St Cecilia, Rome conducted by Sir Antonio Pappano.
First part was Beethoven violin concerto with a first class soloist Lisa Batiashvilli. Simply excellent, what beautiful sound she gets out of her violin. Lisa played a beautiful encore, all the concert with a dress with the colours of the Ukrainian flag. She is Georgian.
Second part was Schumann symphony num 2 which was also excellent. I was listening to the recent Barenboim Staatskapelle Schumann symphonies and Pappano´s version was quite different but equally great. Here the strings do not sound as powerfull but have a beatiful sound.
Last but not least two encores by the orquestra: first a strings piece by Respighi and finally Mozart´s overture to The marriage of Figaro.
All together an excellent concert
Here you have an interview with the great conductor. Next year he will be the director of the London Symphony.

The art of conducting | Sir Antonio Pappano​

The interview was quite interesting...lovely analogies with food, you can definitely link them with his Italian heritage :)

Nov 16, 2022 at 2:11 PM Post #7,888 of 8,702
A couple of new recordings

Not sure how to describe the music…the quartet reminds me of Bartok 4th or Shostakovich 8th.

LWC1243_e58f74_rszd_2.jpg

And this one showed up in my Roon recommendations, didn’t expect much but it’s actually quite brilliant. The Pastorale arranged for piano trio is some kind of revelation

1668625789016.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back