Popular Classical Music
Mar 28, 2021 at 5:55 AM Post #6,036 of 8,715

Friday March 26th - The RTÉ NSO LIVE performs Ginastera and Farrenc

Paul Herriott presents from the stage of the National Concert Hall, Dublin where the musicians of the RTÉ National Symphony Orchestra and a host of Irish soloists will present a season of LIVE concert programmes.

Tonight's concert with Martin might be described as a study in contrasts with works by two composers with a gift for spectacular orchestral sounds and colours: from Alberto Ginastera, a modern master from Argentina and one of Latin America's most important 20th-century voices, his Variaciones concertantes and from Louise Farrenc, a 19th century French woman finally emerging into the limelight, her Symphony No. 3 in G minor.

Explore tonight's works further in our Programme Notes

Ginastera: Variaciones concertantes, op. 23
Louise Farrenc: Symphony No.3 in G minor

Jaime Martin (conductor)
RTÉ National Symphony Orchestra
Intro starts at 2' 30''

Mar 29, 2021 at 6:59 AM Post #6,045 of 8,715
Hey Lightman, try to get yourself back on track, as you will have the Mods swarming all over this thread!

Del cabello más sutil - Obradors - Fatma Said & Roger Vignoles

Sometimes it might be better not to have a clue what the lyrics mean and just leave it to your imagination.

SPANISH: Del cabello más sutil Del cabello más sutil Que tienes en tu trenzado He de hacer una cadena Para traerte a mi lado. Una alcarraza en tu casa, Chiquilla, quisiera ser, Para besarte en la boca, Cuando fueras a beber.

ENGLISH: Of the softest hair Of the softest hair That you have in your braid I should make a chain To bring you to my side. A jug in your house Little one, I would like to be, To kiss you on the mouth, When you go to drink.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back