Popular Classical Music
Jul 7, 2016 at 7:41 AM Post #229 of 8,758

Thought that I would post something featuring a tuba.

Jul 12, 2016 at 7:19 AM Post #234 of 8,758
A little French music

Jul 12, 2016 at 7:22 AM Post #235 of 8,758
i love listening to classic music, especially while studying. In my opinion it is really appeasing :) 
Beethoven's Smphony nr7 is really relaxing! There are many good Classical sounds on Youtube but there is a web radiostation Classical FM, which just appears in the UK. They have really good songs. 
http://live.audials.com/en/radio/classic-fm-london-adswizz-test-stream-1502553

Jul 12, 2016 at 8:59 AM Post #236 of 8,758
I really love listen to Mozart, because it is really lovely. I bought nearly every cd!! :) There is a radio webstation called Classical FM which is pretty good, too! They have a variety of classical songs which are not bad :) 
http://live.audials.com/en/radio/classic-fm-london-adswizz-test-stream-1502553

Jul 13, 2016 at 8:14 AM Post #237 of 8,758
  A little French music

Thanks,
Nice concert in quite decent sound considering that  it is streamed .
And lots of wonderful brass .
Symphonie fantastique is of course one the  greatest  works of that era and very recommended listening for those new to classical music.
I listened to this via my  ,HUGO and HD 800 and found it very enjoyable, although I would ideallly want to hear this performance in higher res sound than streaming quality.
Percussion sounds a bit  harsh and digital and colorless.
The conductor also at times has a tendency to get carried away by the sheer beauty of it all,wawing his head more than his baton.
And  I have never seen anyone  else beat the bell´s first entry in the last movement with such a forceful downbeat as Deneuve.
Has anybody here heard the CSO LIVE/Muti version?
 If so, how does it compare to this one by the same orchestra?
For other interpretations  of this truly Fantastic Symphony, I would recommend Karajan BPO 70s on LP and on SACD the Munch on LIVING  STEREO and Paray´s on  Mercury.
I also have two hi res downloads of this symphony one  from eClassical with Nézet Seguin and a dramatic  but a bit boxy ,one by Gergiev on LSO LIVE.

Jul 13, 2016 at 8:59 AM Post #238 of 8,758

Thanks,
Nice concert in quite decent sound considering that  it is streamed .
And lots of wonderful brass .
Symphonie fantastique is of course one the  greatest  works of that era and very recommended listening for those new to classical music.
I listened to this via my  ,HUGO and HD 800 and found it very enjoyable, although I would ideallly want to hear this performance in higher res sound than streaming quality.
Percussion sounds a bit  harsh and digital and colorless.
The conductor also at times has a tendency to get carried away by the sheer beauty of it all,wawing his head more than his baton.
And  I have never seen anyone  else beat the bell´s first entry in the last movement with such a forceful downbeat as Deneuve.
Has anybody here heard the CSO LIVE/Muti version?
 If so, how does it compare to this one by the same orchestra?
For other interpretations  of this truly Fantastic Symphony, I would recommend Karajan BPO 70s on LP and on SACD the Munch on LIVING  STEREO and Paray´s on  Mercury.
I also have two hi res downloads of this symphony one  from eClassical with Nézet Seguin and a dramatic  but a bit boxy ,one by Gergiev on LSO LIVE.

I haven't heard the recording with Seguin, but I do have the Gergiev recording in DSD.  You're right about it, it sounds very closed in.  I haven't listen to the Paray or Munch recordings in quite a while.  Both are pretty well recording considering how old they are.
The recording that I posted is not at all my favorite, but it is one of the better sounding recordings on youtube.  It sounded pretty open with my Audio GD setup.  I would love to post the recording by Solti with Chicago from the 70's, but it is not available on youtube.  The brass sounds particularly good in the final two movments.  I have bought multiple copies of it on vinyl, each one in slightly better condition.

Jul 13, 2016 at 10:35 AM Post #239 of 8,758
It is always good to see new people joining in with us.
L3000.gif

2 versions of Gabriel's Oboe.

I also like the Alfie Boe vocals version of this.

And 1 more 2Cellos.
blink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back