Popular Classical Music
May 28, 2023 at 3:58 AM Post #8,311 of 8,706
Beethoven: Bagatelle No. 25 in A Minor, WoO 59 "Für Elise" · Alice Sara Ott

Beethoven: "Für Elise" Bagatelle No. 25 in A Minor, WoO 59 - Lang Lang

Jun 1, 2023 at 3:30 AM Post #8,318 of 8,706

Yellow Lounge – Raphaël Feuillâtre & María Dueñas​

Two of Deutsche Grammophon's most exciting young artists – French guitarist Raphaël Feuillâtre and Spanish violinist María Dueñas – come together for a showcase as part of the Yellow Label's classics-meets-club series, on this occasion streaming live from the Säälchen in East Berlin's Friedrichshain. For the occasion, both artists will be presenting music from their debut Deutsche Grammophon albums – as well as a few surprises!

SET 1 – María Dueñas - Piazzolla: Maria De Buenos Aires: Yo soy María (arr. Spindler/Duenas for Violin and Piano) - Fauré: Après un rêve (Version for Violin and Piano) - Dueñas: Hommage 1770 - Ysaÿe: Berceuse, Op.20 (Version for Violin & Piano) - Ravel: Tzigane

SET 2 – Raphaël Feuillâtre- Bach: Prelude 1 in C-Major, BWV 846, The Well-Tempered Clavier, Book 1 (Tr. Raphaël Feuillâtre)- Couperin: Les barricades mystérieuses (Arr. A. Fougeray)- Duphly: Médée (Arr. A. Fougeray)- Bach: Choral : Ich rufe zu Dir, Herr Jesu Christ, BWV 639 (Arr. G. Abiton)- Bach: Concerto in D-Major, BWV 972 (after A. Vivaldi) (Arr. J. Perroy)Encore:- Kreisler: Liebesleid (Trancr. for Violin & guitar)

Jun 1, 2023 at 6:54 AM Post #8,319 of 8,706
Anna Thorsvaldsdottir: Archora
How can you not like something described as "the most beautiful ugly sound"

Wow !
To me she is now one of or even THE most fascinating contemporary composer .
I listen to her compositions almost daily since Fullbright 1 first alerted us to her music recently.
Archora here , is truly amazing and there are several other Great Works by her on Youtube.
Her personal website also features other platforms where her works are played like the Berlin Philharmonic Digital Concert Hall site.
This morning after having immersed myself in her imho Meditative Chamber Work In the Light of Air I also found a Youtube feature where she talks about her music and inspirations and how she composes , called "Composing Myself". There are 2 versions of in the Light of Air on Youtube both worth experiencing imo.
Thanks both Mr Trev and Fullbright 1 for uploading her amazing music directly here. Cheers Christer

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2023 at 11:37 PM Post #8,321 of 8,706

Last night I attended a performance of Rachmaninov's All Night Vigil. You're invited to read about it here. :relaxed:

Jun 3, 2023 at 6:25 AM Post #8,323 of 8,706
Was listening to this many times during the week. Khatia really makes it her own and puts in a few surprises along the way.

Valse Sentimentale · Khatia Buniatishvili · Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky

Jun 4, 2023 at 10:13 AM Post #8,324 of 8,706

Daniel Barenboim & West-Eastern Divan Live in Geneva: Beethoven, Tchaikovsky, Verdi | Full Concert​

00:00 Entrance
01:15 Ludwig van Beethoven - Piano Concerto No. 3 in C-Minor, Op. 37
39:35 Pyotr Tchaikovsky - Symphony No. 5 in E Minor, Op. 64
01:26:27 Jean Sibelius - Valse triste, Op. 44
01:32:28 Giuseppe Verdi - Overture to "La forza del destino"

Daniel Barenboim - conductor and piano
West-Eastern Divan Orchestra

Jun 5, 2023 at 3:18 AM Post #8,325 of 8,706
Camille Thomas – Chopin: Nocturne in B minor, No. 20 Op. posth. - Lento con gran espressione (Slow with great expression)

From Camille Thomas’ new album “The Chopin Project'' & PIANO: Julien Brocal

Users who are viewing this thread

Back