Popular Classical Music
Mar 9, 2021 at 10:01 AM Post #5,942 of 8,702
Víkingur Ólafsson - Christian Badzura: K.A.H.D.

Víkingur Ólafsson - Reflections Pt. 1 / Debussy: Bruyères

Víkingur Ólafsson - Reflections Pt. 2 / Debussy: Canope

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2021 at 10:17 AM Post #5,943 of 8,702
Víkingur Ólafsson plays Christian Badzura: K.A.H.D.

HAUSER performing Deborah's Theme from - Once Upon A Time In America - by Ennio Morricone

Very nice but what is it he is playing ?
To me it sounds very much like Debussy with similar arpeggios as in Clair de Lune and bass chords of The Sunken Cathedral.
Or is it a work by Badzura?
I must admit I´ve never heard of Badzura until today.
Cheers CC

Mar 9, 2021 at 10:52 AM Post #5,944 of 8,702
Very nice but what is it he is playing ?
To me it sounds very much like Debussy with similar arpeggios as in Clair de Lune and bass chords of The Sunken Cathedral.
Or is it a work by Badzura?
I must admit I´ve never heard of Badzura until today.
Cheers CC
I was just in the middle of editing my post to try to add to the confusion. :santa:

In the end, I reckoned that your Danish will always be better than my Swedish and that is all that matters.

I don't eat Danish pasteries unless I am stranded in a luxury hotel, forced to drive there by my lovely wife. A distant memory, long erased, due to too much vino consumed during lockdown. :ksc75smile:

BTW, as you say, they seem to be adaptations on a Debussy theme. But that type of detail is way beyond my paygrade as a random poster. If it sounds good or tastes good..............that is all that matters..............once we don't end up obese or with high cholesterol or indeed, dreaded diabetes.

Mar 9, 2021 at 12:05 PM Post #5,945 of 8,702
I was just in the middle of editing my post to try to add to the confusion. :santa:

In the end, I reckoned that your Danish will always be better than my Swedish and that is all that matters.

I don't eat Danish pasteries unless I am stranded in a luxury hotel, forced to drive there by my lovely wife. A distant memory, long erased, due to too much vino consumed during lockdown. :ksc75smile:

BTW, as you say, they seem to be adaptations on a Debussy theme. But that type of detail is way beyond my paygrade as a random poster. If it sounds good or tastes good..............that is all that matters..............once we don't end up obese or with high cholesterol or indeed, dreaded diabetes.
Thanks for clearing up the confusion.
And thanks for the music.
Since you mention it, being "stranded" in luxury hotels actually used to be well within my paygrade before Covid hit. Both as Photographer and Travel guide many years, Three -four months every winter all paid by the company. I have to confess that I really DO miss many of them in Singapore and other places in Asia.
I haven´t been inside one since leaving Thailand late March 2020.
I fear it´ll have to be at my own personal cost next time.
I never touched those Danish pastries though, oh no, not for me.
A glass of red wine after dinner on the other hand, is something I rarely miss.
Strictly for health reasons of course. At our age we´ve got to think of our blood sugar levels too, don´t we?
In vino veritás y salud.
I have spent quite a few hours at the piano this winter,including Debussy of course.That amazing master of magical chords.
But also recently, almost five weeks of real white winter with downhill skiing at least twice a week, has kept obesity at bay so far in spite of all.
Cheers CC

Mar 9, 2021 at 9:24 PM Post #5,947 of 8,702
Handel - Pena tiranna (tyrannical pain)
Amadigi di Gaula

Jakub Orlinski
Il pomo d'oro / Maxim Emelyanychev

Pena tiranna io sento al core,
né spero mai trovar pietà.
Amor m’affanna, e il mio dolore
in tanti guai pace non ha.

I feel a tyrannical pain in my heart,
and never hope to find peace.