Popular Classical Music
Jul 12, 2019 at 10:01 AM Post #3,123 of 8,720
There is so much good stuff floating about there in cyberspace that I could swamp this thread, but I will try not to. :smile_phones:

Guys & girls, what gear are you mainly using listening to videos recently?

I might have posted this before but it is such a good recording..................

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2019 at 12:12 PM Post #3,124 of 8,720
Im trying out my new Bowers & Wilkins PX (ANC) headphones.
They sound much better then the Bose QC35's, or the recent Beyerdynamic Lagoon.
Im finding they have an airy & spacious presentation (wired only). Very nice. I approve.
Clamping pressure is going to be an issue for some, as these babies do clamp a bit.
___
__
-

Jul 12, 2019 at 5:15 PM Post #3,125 of 8,720
There is so much good stuff floating about there in cyberspace that I could swamp this thread, but I will try not to. :smile_phones:

I might have posted this before but it is such a good recording..................

my current gear setup is...

Benedictus - Hayley Westenra > iPod Classic > Dunu Titan1 at peaceful pond park near my house. this mornings temp. is best. most comfortable ever...

Jul 13, 2019 at 11:50 AM Post #3,128 of 8,720
Nice,
ok, you are a few weeks late,but music doesn't get more Swedish and "Midsummery "than Alfvén's Midsummer Vigil music.
Another piece I would recommend by him is his Dala Rapsodi.
A piece also inspired by Swedish folk music.
For anybody maybe interested in hearing more from Alfvén, Naxos recorded his entire symphonic output including the 3 Swedish Rhapsodies in the mid 90s.
His music is maybe the closest we get to a national composer from the same era as Grieg and Sibelius.
Cheers CC

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2019 at 5:09 AM Post #3,131 of 8,720
I posted this one before but this time I will mention the fly that buzzes around her shoulders and then ends up in the bun of her hair.

All this fascinating action takes place from 2' to 2' 30''................................:darthsmile:

Jul 14, 2019 at 2:42 PM Post #3,132 of 8,720

I just use whatever is handy plugged straight into my laptop (Fidelio X2 ATM). Youtube videos aren't exactly the pinnacle of fidelity so I'm not bothered to plug in my DAC or anything.

Jul 15, 2019 at 5:11 AM Post #3,135 of 8,720
I went to see a concert last Friday called "The cole Porter song book"

RTÉ National Symphony Orchestra
Kim Criswell Vocals
Wayne Marshall Conductor

In a career that spanned over three decades and producing over twelve hundred works, Cole Porter can rightly be considered a true pioneer of popular song. Unusually, Porter wrote both the music and lyrics, the only other notable exception being his great rival Irving Berlin, who famously said of Porter while referencing one of his one hits, “I still say, to paraphrase an old bar-room ballad, ‘anything I can do, you can do better’.”

Widely-recognisable Porter tunes such as I Get A Kick Out Of You, Let’s Do It (Let’s Fall In Love), Love For Sale, Night and Day, It’s De-lovely… have become enduring classics from Broadway and London’s West End. West End and Broadway Star Kim Criswell Joins Wayne Marshall and The RTÉ National Symphony Orchestra for an unforgettable tribute to the genius of Cole Porter.

This is one that stood out, great to hear with a full orchestra.........

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back