Quote:

Originally Posted by Flumoxed /img/forum/go_quote.gif
kfc for life
tongue.gif

obesity for life
tongue.gif

Mar 6, 2007 at 12:22 AM Post #35 of 65
popeyes by a long shot

for one, their peices are bigger, you have the choices of mild or spicy, and i like the batter more.

i don't kno why, but whenever i had kfc their chicken was overly salty.

Mar 6, 2007 at 5:01 AM Post #38 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by jjcha /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, have you ever had Popeyes outside of NYC? There's a huge difference between the crap we get here in Manhattan and when it's made properly, like a few of the outlets in DC, or Seoul or even in California.

Best,

-Jason

I just like eating real food that's not going to poison me, give me cancer, or make me 400lbs overweight. The stuff in fast-food chicken restaurants can hardly be considered "chicken" anyway.

Mar 6, 2007 at 5:23 AM Post #39 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just like eating real food that's not going to poison me, give me cancer, or make me 400lbs overweight. The stuff in fast-food chicken restaurants can hardly be considered "chicken" anyway.

Oh Aman, yet again you share your wonderful perspective and helpful personality with us. You've obviously never enjoyed the simple pleasure of a nice piece of Popeyes chicken.

Best,

-Jason

Mar 6, 2007 at 7:29 AM Post #41 of 65
Quote:

Oh Aman, yet again you share your wonderful perspective and helpful personality with us. You've obviously never enjoyed the simple pleasure of a nice piece of Popeyes chicken.

Best,

-Jason

I think it's kind of cute. I call his kind of paranoia "Dateline NBC Syndrome". My Grandfather loves the show, but like clock work I get a call from him every time the show ends; he lets me know what doomsday issue I should panic about for the week: cell phones at the gas pump, the sun block SPF conspiracy, Nabisco fibbing on their nutrition labels, etc. Aman must have caught the Dateline episode on cancer causing pseudo-chickens. That Stone Phillips can be darn convincing.

Popeyes is amazing. I showed my love for it in another thread:

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showpo...2&postcount=52

Mar 6, 2007 at 8:29 AM Post #42 of 65
They're both alright. But when I really want fried chicken, I'll hit one of two places. One is Golden Bird Chicken in Los Angeles, which is a local chain. You have to go to the tougher parts of town, but it's worth it. The chicken is incredibly good. The other is Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles. There are (I think) three of them around here. And yeah, fried chicken and waffles are great together. There's always a wait on the weekends.

Mar 6, 2007 at 3:18 PM Post #43 of 65
Popeyes. Definitely Popeyes overall. Better biscuits, fries, macaroni & cheese, and of course - chicken. I almost forgot.....Popeyes has great DIRTY RICE too!!!!

I will admit, KFC has better mashed potatoes and gravy. And I did love the "rotisserie" (sp.) chicken they did back in the early '90s...........

Mar 6, 2007 at 3:33 PM Post #44 of 65
Quote:

This is an excellent point. KFC in Japan is quite yummy (though no mashed potatoes.)

Of course, I have had the privilege of having Popeyes in Seoul, Korea so
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Best,

-Jason

same here......the Popeyes in Seoul kicks the crap out of the ones in the states. Same can be said for all the other places ive at over here....how about the Outback Steakhouse i ate in Seoul? Alot better than the few ive had in the states. The Mcdonalds here seems to be better also....and they have a Bulgogi burger which i love.....

Mar 6, 2007 at 4:32 PM Post #45 of 65
Seoul fast food is better because they follow instructions. Employees are career minded, not a teen's first job. After eating Kim-Chi and Bulgogi for the first few days (to experience local food), fried chicken was like a moon pie to a fat man. I broke my rule of 2x a month. Didn't have the pleasure of Seoul Popeyes. Did find a KFC though. (on a side note, how about their driving practices. Our big cities have nothing on these guys. The scooter delivery system is a riot. Very effective though.
very_evil_smiley.gif
)

The op answer is popeyes for me. And this coming from a KFC freak (have the Sanders Hotel pics on phone) that works in Corbin often. Though an honorable mention to Churchs, Bogangles. Where I currently live, fried chicken is a passion. Beer battered and heavily spiced (pepper).

Chicken from Boston Market and Browns (Chicago) is good as well, though not fried.

I think manna tasted like chicken.
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back