PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player
Dec 22, 2016 at 12:21 AM Post #4,592 of 4,858
PONOMUSIC'S VAULT IS NOW READY FOR DOWNLOAD!

From the PonoMusic site:

Randy Leasure (PonoMusic) (originally posted by Randy Leasure (PonoMusic))
Aloha! Pono is pleased to announce PonoMusic Vault, our own internally developed desktop software that's an upgrade over the JRiver software that has been previously available. PonoMusic Vault is absolutely free and will never expire. This software is what you need to manage your digital music library with rich features such as Playlist Creation, CD Ripping, Tag Editing and more!

Why did we develop Pono Vault? Because many of our users (as well as us) found the previous software to be difficult to use, and a challenge to our goal of making access to and listening to music easy for everyone. It served its purpose while we developed our own, and you can still purchase the product from JRiver if you want nothing else.

Our software, support, and quality teams spent weeks pouring over all of the feedback and support requests that came in, and, based on that information, set out to develop a product that would provide the necessary capabilities with a much improved user interface. After nearly a year of effort we are happy to announce its availability.

We are excited to be releasing a Beta version of PonoMusic Vault today. Follow the instructions below to download your free copy and get started with this improved experience. We have prepared a video tutorial and a list of answers to anticipated questions.

Because this is a Beta, we will be reviewing all of the tickets you submit, but may not get back to you on each one unless there are specific questions. You should assume that all feedback is being read and being addressed.

You can download PonoMusic Vault here:
www.ponomusic.com/pmv

Check out the video tutorials here:
https://www.ponomusic.com/contactus

We welcome your feedback and experience. Please let us know by clicking here: https://www.ponomusic.com/contactus and don’t forget to include your operating system and browser information.

Thanks to all of you for your support.
Mahalo, The PonoMusic Team

System requirements:
Mac: OS X 10.9 and higher
Windows: Windows Vista and higher

*The current version of PonoMusic World times out on 12/31/16.

Dec 30, 2016 at 3:01 PM Post #4,594 of 4,858
Hi all. Is there any way to have the PONO software recognise cue files and single flac albums and divide them up automatically? 
I like to to rip to single files ideally. 

thanks 

Dec 30, 2016 at 9:07 PM Post #4,595 of 4,858
$210 is a good deal. I have one, but the internal memory is acting up, tempted...

Dec 31, 2016 at 2:24 PM Post #4,597 of 4,858
I went for it. Pono has been the piece of equipment I've used the most since I got mine from the Kickstarter offer (and I have much to much gear). Be good to have a backup, think mine will be giving up the ghose soon.
Happy New Year all!

Jan 4, 2017 at 10:01 AM Post #4,598 of 4,858
PONOMUSIC'S VAULT IS NOW READY FOR DOWNLOAD!

From the PonoMusic site:

Randy Leasure (PonoMusic) (originally posted by Randy Leasure (PonoMusic))
Aloha! Pono is pleased to announce PonoMusic Vault, our own internally developed desktop software that's an upgrade over the JRiver software that has been previously available. PonoMusic Vault is absolutely free and will never expire. This software is what you need to manage your digital music library with rich features such as Playlist Creation, CD Ripping, Tag Editing and more!

Why did we develop Pono Vault? Because many of our users (as well as us) found the previous software to be difficult to use, and a challenge to our goal of making access to and listening to music easy for everyone. It served its purpose while we developed our own, and you can still purchase the product from JRiver if you want nothing else.

Our software, support, and quality teams spent weeks pouring over all of the feedback and support requests that came in, and, based on that information, set out to develop a product that would provide the necessary capabilities with a much improved user interface. After nearly a year of effort we are happy to announce its availability.

We are excited to be releasing a Beta version of PonoMusic Vault today. Follow the instructions below to download your free copy and get started with this improved experience. We have prepared a video tutorial and a list of answers to anticipated questions.

Because this is a Beta, we will be reviewing all of the tickets you submit, but may not get back to you on each one unless there are specific questions. You should assume that all feedback is being read and being addressed.

You can download PonoMusic Vault here:
www.ponomusic.com/pmv

Check out the video tutorials here:
https://www.ponomusic.com/contactus

We welcome your feedback and experience. Please let us know by clicking here: https://www.ponomusic.com/contactus and don’t forget to include your operating system and browser information.

Thanks to all of you for your support.
Mahalo, The PonoMusic Team

System requirements:
Mac: OS X 10.9 and higher
Windows: Windows Vista and higher

*The current version of PonoMusic World times out on 12/31/16.

I installed Vault a few days ago, but it looks a bit basic at this stage, compared to the JRiver-based PonoMusic.

Jan 4, 2017 at 10:09 AM Post #4,599 of 4,858
I just upgraded my JRiver, seems outwardly pretty much the same.

Jan 4, 2017 at 10:48 AM Post #4,602 of 4,858
True, you have to pay for JRiver, but I like it
(there is free software out there, as many know, I've used most of it at some time, like JRiver most. Hey, if that's the most I spend on anything audio related, I'll be doing OK. Ain't gonna happen, though :) )

Jan 4, 2017 at 12:50 PM Post #4,604 of 4,858
JRiver is great, and worth the money if you use it as your primary player.

I'm a Foobar2000 user mostly, but liked using the Pono occasionally as a secondary player. The more graphic interface often made me choose different music to play, compared to Foobar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back