PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player
Oct 21, 2014 at 9:35 PM Post #1,261 of 4,858
At least the recordings of a ranting Nerd is ranking higher than all current Pony albums in bandcamp.
lel. I dont even listen to brony music, so I couldn't care less if its ranked high or not... And no idea what recordings of a ranting nerd is.

Oct 22, 2014 at 7:27 AM Post #1,266 of 4,858
lol
I just saw this
http://www.ponoworldtimes.com/ponoonlygetsbetter.html

Ooooooookay then. Sounds like some good marketing material. To be fair, "burn"-in can be real since resistors are often the noisiest components in a circuit and because of their sensitivity to heat, letting the device physically warm up to a stable temperature can affect some things. The "breaking-in" of the dialectic materials? That just sounds like some material they made up or purposely put in to get people to think they're devices are getting better over time.

Oct 22, 2014 at 11:32 AM Post #1,267 of 4,858
Oct 22, 2014 at 1:33 PM Post #1,268 of 4,858
Have to say that this thread has as many angry people as threads on the progenitor of the O2.
Digression aside. The topic is now speculation spawned from selective revealing of information.

Still speculation.

Anyhow, Troll is now fed. I shall now leave this place.

Oct 22, 2014 at 8:31 PM Post #1,269 of 4,858
Still don't get the point of this thing. So basically, it's cloud-based hi-res audio made to be used with a proprietary DAP?
Well, unless hi-res makes a huge f'ng difference, I call BS to this. And who is Neil Young, anyway? 
tongue.gif

Oct 23, 2014 at 1:51 AM Post #1,273 of 4,858
  Where did you see that the music downloaded from the Pono store can only be played on the Pono player?

And do you believe that the Pono player will only play music which is purchased from the Pono store?

I know neither of the above is true, but I really don't see the point of the Pono player when the Pono store would essentially just be your regular HDTracks.
As for that first statement, I didn't say that the music from the store can be played only on the player, I'm talking about how it's downloaded. I'm assuming the Pono store can only be accessed from the Pono player; although I'm sure I'm wrong on that statement.

Oct 23, 2014 at 2:46 AM Post #1,274 of 4,858
lol
I just saw this
http://www.ponoworldtimes.com/ponoonlygetsbetter.html

Ooooooookay then. Sounds like some good marketing material. To be fair, "burn"-in can be real since resistors are often the noisiest components in a circuit and because of their sensitivity to heat, letting the device physically warm up to a stable temperature can affect some things. The "breaking-in" of the dialectic materials? That just sounds like some material they made up or purposely put in to get people to think they're devices are getting better over time.

i call shenanigans

Oct 23, 2014 at 3:22 AM Post #1,275 of 4,858

If this whole deal comes to fruition, I will be very surprised and have egg all over my face! However, it doesn't look too good at the moment.
If it smells like bull****, it probably is. Just one mans' opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back