1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by currawong, Sep 28, 2012.
First

Back
14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34
Next

Last
  1. alphabetagaga
    yesterday

2. eron
    Pono's Kickstarter campaign has crossed 3 million, going 4 million in about 48 hours.

3. Levanter
    Because there's not much info on the Pono's specs to go on :p
    I'm hoping they'll release other artists exclusive like Bon Jovi or something.

4. Gorillaz
    does anyone know if it is going to read mp3? I ordered it yesterday without knowing I'm sometikes an impulsive buyer.

5. JacobLee89
    Probably, but using a Pono to play MP3 slightly defeats the purpose of owning one. That is unless you have far more MP3 than FLAC/Lossless files. You can always pull out of the kickstarter through your backer management section.

6. Gorillaz
    I really can't hear any difference between mp3 and other formats I believe that what makes the difference in sound quality is a well implented dac and amp, I have the feeling that the pono will be an excellente piece of music gear and yes 98% of my music is on mp3 format.

7. alphabetagaga
    +1

mp3 320cbr all the way here too. just makes it easier to access my music across a whole range of av devices rather than re-ripping to a format that will only work on certan devices.

8. Gorillaz
    also the more music I can add to the player the better!

9. Koukol

I wasn't expecting (or wanting) the Pono to have a digital output.
    It's mainly the high quality DAC that interests me.

10. epithetless

Yes, it can play MP3s. As per the FAQ:

No mention of Ogg Vorbis, though, if it matters to anyone.

11. miceblue
    This is utter nonsense. You need 24/96 music or else your music will suffer from compression and loss of dynamic range. Your music isn't meant to be heard this way and you're not hearing all of what the artist intended.

End sarcasm.

epithetless likes this.
  12. DigitalFreak
    Finally found the appropriate thread....
    My 2 cents guys and it should help answer some questions that's been posted on this thread

13. Gorillaz
    DigitalFreak are you the one talking on the video?

14. DigitalFreak

Yep, that's me. Forgive my rather worn down appearance. I did the video late last night and it was a rather long work week an it shows in my face

15. Gorillaz
    well, I always look worn down, at least you look like Dwight from The Office, lol!

First

Back
14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34
Next

Last