Ponder this...
Jun 29, 2007 at 1:18 PM Post #16 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by nibiyabi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What are those little floaties I can see when I'm looking up into the sky or just staring in one spot in general? I'm sure someone here knows but I'm too tired and drugged* up to care right now.

[size=xx-small]*prescription![/size]

They are refered to as "Floaters" and they are usually tissue (Various sources) from inside the eye. A certain amount is normal.

If you notice a large change in the amount of or the size of the floaters you should see an eye care professional.

Jun 29, 2007 at 11:04 PM Post #18 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by colonelkernel8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you stand on the South Pole, do you get dizzy?

I always get dizzy when i stand on a pole. Hard to keep your balance on such a small area.

Jun 29, 2007 at 11:20 PM Post #19 of 54
let's say that you have an invincible suit of armor. a small portion fo the core of the earth is hollowed out. you are in the middle of the earth. let's say it doesn't collapse. what would it feel like to be in the center of gravity of a planet?

Jun 30, 2007 at 12:18 AM Post #20 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thelonious Monk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
let's say that you have an invincible suit of armor. a small portion fo the core of the earth is hollowed out. you are in the middle of the earth. let's say it doesn't collapse. what would it feel like to be in the center of gravity of a planet?

You should feel weightless (ignoring variations in the earth's density and the gravitational pull of other objects in the solar system).

Jun 30, 2007 at 1:52 AM Post #21 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thelonious Monk /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hot as hell?

Jun 30, 2007 at 2:30 AM Post #23 of 54
Question:

Why are hot dogs sold in packs of ten but hot dog buns in packs of eight?

edit: 50th post, now I can post in FS section! (not that I have anything to sell...)

Jun 30, 2007 at 3:04 AM Post #24 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by Azure /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Could Jesus microwave a burrito so hot that he himself could not eat it?

homer96.gif

From my philosophical background - the typical answer was this:

Yes, Jesus (GOD, High Being, etc etc) could microwave a burrito so hot that he himself, as a human, could not eat. But since GOD has no body there is no need to.

PS - not my answer. Taken from my philosophy professor junior year in college.

However, here is the question he would not answer:

If GOD is perfect and omniscient and benevolent - then he knows the past, present and future. However, if GOD knows the past, present and future we have no free will and neither does GOD because since GOD already knows what will happen, it means our choices have already been made. However, if we do really have a choice, then that means GOD is powerless because we can choose freely. What gives?

This is the one question that our professor never answered and when we attacked it we could never come up with an adequate answer.
tongue.gif

Jun 30, 2007 at 3:17 AM Post #25 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by Absorbine_Sr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I sometimes think that I'd give my left hand to be ambidextrous. A_Sr.

That reminds me of this:

Trepanation? I need that like I need a hole in the head.

Laz

Jun 30, 2007 at 4:05 AM Post #27 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by VirgilD /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Who decided that urinal cakes should smell worse than urine?

That's only because they have been peed on.

Laz

Users who are viewing this thread

Back