Ponder this...
Jul 1, 2007 at 1:30 AM Post #31 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by LFF /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If GOD is perfect and omniscient and benevolent - then he knows the past, present and future. However, if GOD knows the past, present and future we have no free will and neither does GOD because since GOD already knows what will happen, it means our choices have already been made. However, if we do really have a choice, then that means GOD is powerless because we can choose freely. What gives?

i bet God could answer that question. our stupid little human brains just don't have the capability.

Jul 1, 2007 at 1:35 AM Post #32 of 54
What happens when you put a flame in the microwave?

Where does the universe end, how can it not?

When does the next ipod (not the friggin iphone) come out, and what will it be like?

Is anyone listening to me?

Jul 1, 2007 at 1:58 AM Post #33 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by LFF /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If GOD is perfect and omniscient and benevolent - then he knows the past, present and future. However, if GOD knows the past, present and future we have no free will and neither does GOD because since GOD already knows what will happen, it means our choices have already been made. However, if we do really have a choice, then that means GOD is powerless because we can choose freely. What gives?

This is the one question that our professor never answered and when we attacked it we could never come up with an adequate answer.
tongue.gif

God already knows what our choices will be but we still have to make them. It's an act of God's Will that we're allowed to be here to make our choices rather than God just establishing us in our rightful places in the hereafter, not proof of the lack of it. amiright?

Jul 1, 2007 at 4:25 AM Post #37 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by buddha911 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If I say this, what does it really mean?: "I am lying to you, right now."

It means that you are not in a position of public trust! Now there's an oxymoron for you: public trust.

Laz

Jul 1, 2007 at 4:34 AM Post #38 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thelonious Monk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
let's say that you have an invincible suit of armor. a small portion fo the core of the earth is hollowed out. you are in the middle of the earth. let's say it doesn't collapse. what would it feel like to be in the center of gravity of a planet?

Considering gravity follows the inverse square law, I suspect that your head wouldn't be attracted to your hips as much as your chest would, and that may give you a sore neck.

....yeah, and probably sore knees too.
frown.gif

And breathing IN would be easy, but breathing OUT may be much more difficult.

....eliminating waste products may be real easy though!
blink.gif

Jul 1, 2007 at 4:46 AM Post #39 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by buddha911 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What happens when you put a flame in the microwave?

Where does the universe end, how can it not?

When does the next ipod (not the friggin iphone) come out, and what will it be like?

Is anyone listening to me?

I'm listening!

Universe? What Universe! It's an Omniverse! A snapping, bubbling foam where one universe is attracted or perhaps even repelled by it's neighbors! With Universes growing from the expired droplets of other Universes which have expanded fully and already popped! Some have lots of matter, some have lots of antimatter, some like ours are just slightly out of balance and are capable of creating stuff and life and others are incapable of doing anything besides creating all energy and no matter, and others convert all their primordial energy into matter with no useful energy. And it's just luck-of-the-draw as to whether your particular universe will allow you to live! And Yes; Dear Albert, "God DOES play dice with the Universe"!

He threw us a seven!

Jul 1, 2007 at 3:47 PM Post #40 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Camper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^
Similar to G. Carlin's If God is so great, can he make a rock big enough that he couldn't lift it?

If enough people stopped paying taxes, could you shut down your government? (meant only in the spirit of the OP)

Our government spends more than it has as normal operating prcedure...I think it would barely notice the lack of cash and keep on spending.

Jul 1, 2007 at 3:48 PM Post #41 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by rockin_amigo14 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If a tree falls on a mime in a forest, and no one is around to see, will anyone really care?

more sad about the tree
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 1, 2007 at 3:56 PM Post #42 of 54
Most people believe that God can be disappointed in them, but if God knows what is going to happen disappointment is impossible...because in order to be disappointed you have to get something contrary to your expectations. God never expects anything other than what we actually do. I believe that God may experience sadness watching us mortals stumble around here on earth through trial and error rather than jsut following His teachings, but I believe disappointment for God is impossible.

Jul 1, 2007 at 4:28 PM Post #43 of 54
Maybe God isn't bounded by time like we are? If that is the case than concepts like free will and choice have no bearing, since God can both allow us free will and know what will do at the same 'time'.

Jul 1, 2007 at 4:42 PM Post #44 of 54
....some folks just think that God sets things in motion after setting some ground rules in a particular universe, like the ratio of matter to antimatter, how atoms interact, and like that, and just lets things play out as they will.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back