POLL: What video/computer game should I beat next? UPDATE 12/17/08
Oct 30, 2008 at 1:05 AM Post #48 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by Quaddy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
tic-tac-toe, against joshua!
tongue_smile.gif

You know he prefers to play thermonuclear warfare.

Oct 30, 2008 at 2:06 AM Post #49 of 77
You haven't beat the HL2 games? Well they are sorta fun, but not worth the price tag unless you bought them as a bundle. Only the first HL2 is the one worth buying at it's full price.

I spent $10 on DODS and it's the best $10 I ever spent as a gamer, I must have over 700hours on that game from the past 3 years.

Oct 30, 2008 at 4:16 AM Post #50 of 77
I voted for HL 1&2 even though I have not played through either one. The reputation they have speaks for itself. I have both games, but I get bored out of my mind with SP games.

Oct 30, 2008 at 5:03 AM Post #51 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by PianistOne111 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Have you played Xenogears? Play it someday okay?

...but first watch Soylent Green, read the Bible (or Cliff notes on the Bible), read a bit about Freud, Lacan, Nietzsche, and Jung, and perhaps a bit about Nazi Germany.

If reading Freud and Nietzsche also read some Schopenhauer and Kant.

Oct 31, 2008 at 2:49 AM Post #52 of 77
I see that you are a man of varied taste who emulates classics. I would recommend Famicom Detective Club: The Girl in Back for the SNES, it's such an awesome mystery adventure game. Demiforce and Tomato have released a patch for it that can easily be applied to the ROM with Lunar IPS. Should take you 6 hours to beat, and the story is really engrossing, give it a try sometime.

Mother 3 is also finally translated, so make sure to get the patch for that in case Nintendo comes with a cease and desist.

Oct 31, 2008 at 12:09 PM Post #53 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by Idsynchrono_24 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I see that you are a man of varied taste who emulates classics. I would recommend Famicom Detective Club: The Girl in Back for the SNES, it's such an awesome mystery adventure game. Demiforce and Tomato have released a patch for it that can easily be applied to the ROM with Lunar IPS. Should take you 6 hours to beat, and the story is really engrossing, give it a try sometime.

Mother 3 is also finally translated, so make sure to get the patch for that in case Nintendo comes with a cease and desist.

Oh, I am a Starman, so I know ALL about the finished translation. The only reason that isn't on the list is that I need to beat Earthbound first.

Nylan

Oct 31, 2008 at 12:28 PM Post #54 of 77
I suggest you beat NetHack. I'll come back after a year and see how you are progressing.
Edit: ha, I missed page no 2
redface.gif

Nov 2, 2008 at 11:25 PM Post #55 of 77
can't believe you didn't finish HL2 (did you start?) not that it's perfect, but a good game, involving, and not too long.

and forget about Smash Bros, get Mario Galaxy, one of the few games I really enjoyed last years, put a smile on my face
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 3, 2008 at 5:13 PM Post #57 of 77
how is fable2 compared to fable? fable was a fun game, just not what it was hyped to be. is fable2 better? or does it go the spore route...

Nov 3, 2008 at 5:34 PM Post #58 of 77
Fable 2 is really enjoyable for me.

The story is typical Fable (hero beats evil?). I guess I would call it a 'casual RPG', since you really won't need to explore much, plus the combat is a lot of fun. It's not revolutionary by any stretch, but if you like the first installment, you'll most likely have a lot of fun playing this 2nd one.

For me I got the pre-ordered Limited Collector's Ed, so I get the Spartan armor
tongue.gif
There's also a chicken suit that you can win from pub games I think. I know.... it's random.... isn't it?
ph34r.gif
biggrin.gif

Nov 17, 2008 at 2:03 AM Post #60 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by fraseyboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OK maybe it was great once BUT THIS IS THE 21ST CENTURY!

There are far better games now. JUST LET IT GO!
wink_face.gif

I own all of the next-gen consoles and also owned all of the last gen(ps2, xbox, gamecube) as well as the one before(PSONE, N64) as well as NES+SNES and I would say that there are very few games of it's caliber.
New game may have fantastic graphical flourishes and gameplay mechanics but what makes a game fun isn't dependent on enhancements that newer games offer. At least not in my opinion.
Also for the person inquiring on Fable 2 I would suggest a rental as it is just as short as the 1st one. I completed it as both a good and evil character over the course of 2 or 3 days and overall am having a hard time justifying purchasing it now that i have completed everything including all the achievements in a little over a week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back