Poll: What type of shoes do you wear?
Jan 21, 2006 at 12:54 PM Post #106 of 116
Quote:

Originally Posted by D-EJ915
How are those? Hajime got a pair, said they slipped off too easily and returned them...what do you think about them?
biggrin.gif

well they are light i should say.. quite comfortable other than the very thin sole..

easy slip off? well yeah.. a little..
icon10.gif

Jan 21, 2006 at 12:55 PM Post #107 of 116
Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeless
I wouldn't wear them, but they're awesome...

biggrin.gif
thanks!

Jan 21, 2006 at 2:07 PM Post #108 of 116
Usually none. I can't afford shoes anymore.

I thought eating ramen would be enough in order to save some money for HiFi gear.

I was wrong.

Jan 21, 2006 at 2:37 PM Post #109 of 116
Outside of work I almost always wear my LL Bean Comfort Mocs. I own 3 pair and they are incredibly comfy

At work though, I usually wear one of my pairs of Sketchers, either one of my pairs of low-cut padded collar oxfords or the mid-height boots. All are more rugged than dress shoes and work well when I'm out on the production floor.

Jan 21, 2006 at 8:24 PM Post #110 of 116
Man, I just realised I have way more shoes than I thought.

My usual ones are a pair of suede CAT things that I really don't like that much - they don't fit too well, and they certainly haven't worn very well. Methinks I need something new...

Besides that, I've got an older pair of Saucony runners that I use when I need to be on my feet for extended periods of time because they're quite comfortable (I have rather flat feet, and they get sore quickly), an even older pair of Emu skate shoes that I really liked (but they had no support at all, which wasn't very comfortable) but only wear when I'm running into the garage or something and don't want to bother tying laces. I also have a pair of nicer leather boots from Mark's Work Wearhouse that I never wear because I don't like the looks and don't need to go out in the snow very often anyways, and a pair of nondescript sandals that go with me on vacations to hot places.

Jan 21, 2006 at 8:31 PM Post #111 of 116
I've been a Johnston & Murphy fan for about 20 years- great quality, fair price and last forever (if you take care of them). Just bought a couple of pair of Allen-Edmonds and wow... very nice shoes.

Jan 21, 2006 at 8:56 PM Post #112 of 116
I wear the New Balance 991's. They are great quality and still made in the USA. I am on my second pair right now. By the way these are a running shoe, but I wear them every day.

Jan 22, 2006 at 12:52 AM Post #114 of 116
Quote:

Originally Posted by D-EJ915
How are those? Hajime got a pair, said they slipped off too easily and returned them...what do you think about them?
biggrin.gif

You gotta get them in 2 sizes smaller of what you usually wear with others shoes. I have no slipping off problems with mine.

Jan 22, 2006 at 1:25 AM Post #115 of 116
I usually wear a pair of wide Nike somethingorothers.
I prefer to wear moccasins, but I always feel odd wearing them in public. So I wear the Nikes to the store or wherever.
Work boots get worn often, since I am often working. RedWings in the winter and some lightweight Danner hiking boots in the summer. Goretex is mandatory for both.
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back