poll/vote best price to performance style of headphone. IEM, buds, open, closed...
Sep 29, 2011 at 4:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

nw130d

100+ Head-Fier
Vote on what do you think is the best price to performance ratio style of headphone?

"Performance" as in these qualities as a package 
  1. how detailed is the sound in all the frequency range
  2. how refined is all the frequencies
  3. how the freq is constructed/put together
  4. other characters such as imaging, sound stage, separation...
  5. design, build quality, durability over time

If you are down can also put your reasoning
(there is up and downs with each design... vote on what you think is "money well spent")

Sep 29, 2011 at 4:33 PM Post #2 of 4
The style isn't indicative of the performance.

In general, an open headphone will have a larger soundstage and more even frequency response than a closed headphone. BA IEMs will often have speed and detail that punches well above its price. But it all depends on the individual headphone.

Sep 29, 2011 at 5:01 PM Post #3 of 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Head Injury /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The style isn't indicative of the performance.

In general, an open headphone will have a larger soundstage and more even frequency response than a closed headphone. BA IEMs will often have speed and detail that punches well above its price. But it all depends on the individual headphone.

I agree the type does not indicate performance other their inherent characteristics within their own family. But the poll isn't on what style performs the best... more so what style performs(most rounded), the best for the money on today’s market

Aug 29, 2012 at 12:42 PM Post #4 of 4
This is a tough one for me to answer.  I prefer full size to on ear for comfort reasons but open, closed, IEM all have their place. 

I prefer not to ride the bus with my full size cans so IEM is great. 
In my basement I want (haven't gotten any yet) some full size open so that I can get a nice sound stage and still have a chance to be able to hear my family yelling for me.
At work I don't want to hear my coworkers and I don't want them hearing what I am listing to so full size closed is my preference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back