[POLL] Sony MDR-V6 vs Creative Aurvana Live!
Mar 13, 2013 at 9:52 AM Post #32 of 41
It's not only about bitrate/lossless. It's about what they did when mastering/mixing/etc it too. If most of your music are rips from CDs and iTunes store stuff you should be fine. If you download music from YouTube videos (especially random people covering songs for fun) you might run into some bad stuff sometimes. 

Apr 18, 2013 at 11:25 AM Post #38 of 41
How is the CAL! unamped? How are they for rap/hiphop? How is the clarity? How are the vocals? How is the instrument separation? Also do they fit completely around my ears? (I have small ears).

Jun 27, 2013 at 1:13 PM Post #40 of 41
I know everyones ears are different but IMO, Nothing under $150 can touch the Cal's soundwise.  Point blank, I've tried just about everything under the $200 range and the Cal's just can't be beat.  Only one can IMO is a tad better and that's the HD558. My 558 was $105 and I feel that was a steal.  
But the Cal's cost what $60 in the US and I've seen them as low as $49 on Amazon. It's a No Brainer.  You have to jump way up the chain to get an upgrade over the Cal's.
$300 range up!!! 

Jun 27, 2013 at 3:06 PM Post #41 of 41
Quote:
I know everyones ears are different but IMO, Nothing under $150 can touch the Cal's soundwise.  Point blank, I've tried just about everything under the $200 range and the Cal's just can't be beat.  Only one can IMO is a tad better and that's the HD558. My 558 was $105 and I feel that was a steal.  
But the Cal's cost what $60 in the US and I've seen them as low as $49 on Amazon. It's a No Brainer.  You have to jump way up the chain to get an upgrade over the Cal's.
$300 range up!!! 

I've tried the HD 558 unamped with my mp4 player in the store, and tbqh my AKG K540 trumps it out of the water in every category but soundstage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back