[POLL] Sony MDR-V6 vs Creative Aurvana Live!
Nov 23, 2012 at 6:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 41

Password123456

New Head-Fier
Hi.

I'm trying to buy my FIRST headphone :)D yay!) but I'm having difficulty choosing what to buy.

The two choices I've come down to is : MDR - V6 ($49.99) and CAL ($60) in amazon at the moment.

So which do you think is better?? or is there a better one within $60 other than those two?

Nov 23, 2012 at 8:37 PM Post #3 of 41
Hello, some questions:
How are you going to use them? (music, games) can you list your favorite musical genres? where are you plugging them to? 

Nov 24, 2012 at 3:41 PM Post #4 of 41
well... I use it for everything! I don't really have favourite genre and I listen to all kind of musics(although I don't listen rock too much).
it's my first headphone and I don't really know anything about audiophiles and stuff so it'd be better if it's all-round headphone.

Nov 27, 2012 at 3:48 PM Post #8 of 41
I have them both.
They are about equal, the CAL! is more fun to listen to, the V6 is more neutral. Bass is slightly more on the CAL!. Toss a coin.

Mar 10, 2013 at 3:14 PM Post #14 of 41
Hi guys.... 

I listen to a little bit of everything, but most of all i listen to eletronic music, specially trance (Ex: Armin, Kyau & Albert, A&B...).
After many days tryng to find out wich headphones would better suit my needs (max 60 euros, for home use, with good clarity and nice highs and good bass but not the kind of bass that is overpowering) i decided that i must choose between the Creative Aurvana Live!'s or the Sony MDR V6's. I am basically going to use them with my ipod touch and with no amp (sometimes on my computer and on my Xperia Arc S).

Wich one do you think it is more suitabble for me?

Thank you...

Mar 10, 2013 at 3:55 PM Post #15 of 41
I can't comment on the sound of the CAL but the V6 is good for electronic (see my review). People say the CAL is bass heavy and the V6 is neutral (i still think it's a tad bass heavy).
The CAL is more suited for on the go as it has a thinner non-coiled cable and a smaller plug handle, but it's also more delicately built and some people reported that theirs borke: earcup fell off, wiring failed. The V6 is considered strongly built.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back