Poll : Flat Cable Vs Round Cable! Please submit your answer
Mar 29, 2013 at 9:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

mrinspire

100+ Head-Fier
I am always curious what kind of cable do head-fier prefer?

Me myself prefer the round type (Conventional) type of cable, it is often light and less microphonic issues, what you guys think?

Mar 29, 2013 at 9:55 PM Post #2 of 16
Round, without question. Never have I had a round cabled IEM and thought "You know what this needs? A Flat cable." while I've thought the reverse more times than I can count.

Mar 29, 2013 at 10:05 PM Post #3 of 16
Agreed! Especially when I am taking them out for a jog, pretty painful.

Mar 29, 2013 at 10:42 PM Post #5 of 16
Flats are less messy....less tangly. 
beerchug.gif

Mar 30, 2013 at 10:29 AM Post #6 of 16
Flats are annoying if youre moving alot, round isnt annoying at all, unless a horrible pvc jacket is used.

Mar 31, 2013 at 1:57 AM Post #8 of 16
Quote:
One thing. For iems, you cannot use a flat cable to put it over your ears. But I kind of like flat cables too.

Yes you can, I do it all the time :p  Just make sure the cable doesn't twist going over your ears.  It'll actually just slack straight down if you do it properly :p  Now, obviously, there is a set thickness where the cable will go over the ears.  I have yet to run into an IEM with flat cables that I couldn't loop over my ears though (thickest I used was a pair of Scosche IEM856).

Mar 31, 2013 at 2:32 AM Post #9 of 16
Yes you can, I do it all the time :p  Just make sure the cable doesn't twist going over your ears.  It'll actually just slack straight down if you do it properly :p  Now, obviously, there is a set thickness where the cable will go over the ears.  I have yet to run into an IEM with flat cables that I couldn't loop over my ears though (thickest I used was a pair of Scosche IEM856).

One of my Iem, X20 from EXS(it is Korean), has rather thick flat cable that is hard and annoying to loop aroind my ears. It is possible, but it is hard and uncomfortable.

Mar 31, 2013 at 3:46 AM Post #10 of 16
Flat cable isn't as durable as the rounded one. My TDK BA200's extension cable went dead a few months ago. Luckily it was only the extension one and it's easy to replace it. I also have problems with mouses with flat cable. I have replaced my ******* Logitech mouse 3 times within a year due to cable failure.

Apr 14, 2013 at 9:41 AM Post #13 of 16
The only reason I can think of using a flat cable is because it tangles less, but other than that, way easier with the usual cable. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back