POLL! Best basshead cans! 200$ and below.
Dec 14, 2011 at 1:58 AM Post #91 of 151
Dec 14, 2011 at 2:03 AM Post #92 of 151
man that price from nova music is about as low as i've seen them.
great can for 160 bucks, new and with warranty.

now,
don't forget to enjoy the music!
beerchug.gif

Dec 14, 2011 at 2:10 AM Post #93 of 151

Quote:
having never put the MKII's on my head, i can say with some certainty that the beyers will destroy it in comfort  
biggrin.gif

theres that one place where you can get the mkii for like a buck 20.
the place that offers the refurb and new m50s cheap too.
can't think of what its called.
they always have that 40$ or $50 off promo code on the m50

you could also score the 770s used for about a buck 20 as well.

just my first thoughts on those two

Sound Professionals?

Dec 14, 2011 at 5:34 AM Post #95 of 151

Quote:
Lul, HERE YOU GO D2000 FAN BOYS:

"D2000: These headphones look fantastic, feel fantastic, and sound great. The drivers are close to the ear, which, in my opinion, offers a more intimate listening experience (depending on your preference, you may not want this). The D2000s feel great on the head, and are very low-profile compared to the other two phones (they don’t jut out from your skull as far) and just by looking at/handling them, you realize the superior build-quality and finer materials. On the downside, the Denons are highly sibilant and have a recessed midrange in comparison to the Beyers. One thing to note about these headphones is that they are made out of very high-quality materials and components. I think a lot of their retail cost goes to the “design” aspect of the headphones. The Beyers, on the other hand, give me the opposite sentiment—that being most of the retail cost is represented by the drivers and electrical components.
Pros: Comfort, aesthetics, construction, soundstage
Cons: Higher price, recessed midrange, sibilance.

DT 770: One word, all-round. Okay, maybe that was two words, but I really believe that the DT 770s perform well across the board. If you are like me, and listen to a crazy spectrum of music genres, these are the phones for you. The bass extension and mid representation are phenomenal, and the large distance between the drivers and the ears makes for a lifelike listening experience (It reminds me most of listening to loudspeakers in a rectangular room). The Beyers will strike you as hideously unattractive if you are into chic designs, or…..Bose. I personally like them because they look like (and actually are when customized with a microphone) an aviation headset—militaristic quality, kind of. I also like the velour material on the ear pads. It doesn’t feel as hot and heavy as the leather on the Denons. Much better for a warm/humid climate or summer listening. My one qualm with the Beyers is the crappy adjustment of the headband. It is finicky and doesnt adjust smoothly. Beyer owners will know what I mean by that. 
Pros: Bass Extension, Bass Impact, Midrange warmth, Performance/Cost, distance between drivers and ears
Cons: Not good for travel (impedence and bulk), aesthetics(?), annoying to adjust headband"

145$ vs "350$" (that's what reviewer said)

The way you state your opinion makes it sound like you think you are coming up with definitive answers, when you aren't.

Sound is subjective. 

Some people do not find the Denons to be overly sibilant, and if ever they are, it's usually because of low quality recordings or being inefficiently powered. 

Your friends "opinion" is just one in a sea of others.

The bold text is pretty unnecessary.

Dec 14, 2011 at 5:56 AM Post #96 of 151
i haven't heard the d2000s so i cant comment on them, but the dt770s have a great low end boomy subwoofer feel. they rumble in your head. i really like their sound. i just got the pro 900s which is tighter but i miss some of the boom the dt770s had. i guess from this list i should start saving for a pair of denons next lol

Dec 14, 2011 at 6:52 AM Post #98 of 151
You know, I honestly can't see this helping any newbies. The impulsiveness of OP plus the subjectiveness of this hobby really aren't a good combo. I just read the whole thing, pretty nauseating...

Dec 14, 2011 at 10:27 AM Post #99 of 151

Quote:

You said it, presentation of opinion in such manner is highly unusual especially for member that is not exactly new. 

Quote:
The way you state your opinion makes it sound like you think you are coming up with definitive answers, when you aren't.

Sound is subjective. 

Some people do not find the Denons to be overly sibilant, and if ever they are, it's usually because of low quality recordings or being inefficiently powered. 

Your friends "opinion" is just one in a sea of others.

The bold text is pretty unnecessary.

i think he was just reposting someone elses review.
and bolding what he thought was contraditctory to what people had said in this thread.
they weren't his words i don't believe.  i think he was playing devils advocate.

Dec 14, 2011 at 12:14 PM Post #103 of 151

i think he was just reposting someone elses review.
and bolding what he thought was contraditctory to what people had said in this thread.
they weren't his words i don't believe.  i think he was playing devils advocate.

Exactly so, thanks for not being a total retard like the other ones that got hurt by black lines below the words.

Dec 14, 2011 at 12:29 PM Post #105 of 151

Quote:
That diction certainly doesn't help people's opinions towards your posting habits.  Continue doing it and people might not be so willing to help.

I really don't care, i'm 17, i'm just trying to find which headphones to buy, its been solved now, thanks; once i get them ill post my opinions...end of story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back