[poll] 2010 - 2011 UEFA Champions League!
May 24, 2011 at 4:17 PM Post #31 of 89

Quote:
No Man U represends Man U offcourse. But it still is an English club.

In out national competition, I dislike Feyenoord, and I really dislike Ajax, but I would cheer for ANY Dutch club playing in Europe against a team from another country. The don't represent the country, but they are still Holland based.

I definitely care which nation they come from.

I agree, but I'm an Ajax fan so it's the other way around for me
tongue.gif
. I voted Manchester United because I'd really like Van der Sar to win it. Given that Affelay propably won't play he's the only dutch player on the pitch. If I had to bet money on a team, it would be Barca though.

Also, I'd like to point out that blaiming the referee is easy. I watched the world cup final on a square in Holland (Sittard), when I walked to the bus stop everybody was talking about how the referee destroyed the dutch world championship. Somehow no one noticed that Holland was lucky to be with 11 players and spain was a lot better. On the Real Vs Barcelona discussion I'm in the Barcelona camp. Firstly because of Johan Cruijff, secondly because I like the way they play, and last but not least because I dislike Mourinho. Well, I actually think the guy is funny but he should have tried to be a commedian. I've never caught the guy talking about football lately, he's always blabbering about referee's and how long the grass should be to make sure barca loses.

May 24, 2011 at 5:32 PM Post #32 of 89
Wilshere is a top player I agree. He 'will share' passes- good pun!

Quote:
If he had the body of essien

That is why unfortunately I can't see him being a true great. It seriously depends on how he looks after himself outside and inside football. How many nights a week does he club and pub. Too much I reckon- because his somatotype won't help him out that much. I hope he isn't one takle away from a major recurrent injury.  

He could learn a few lessons off the 'plonkey' built paul scholes; hasn't been injured much, only seems to injure others, well behaved off the pitch- quiet and keeps off the newspapers. 

Quote:
Also, I'd like to point out that blaiming the referee is easy.

Unfortunately the match referee is the single most important person on the pitch. Always.
It's not just the referee in play though- it's his assistants and linesmen. Them 4 are in some matches a more influential unit than a group of 11 players on one side.

I mean say if team 'X' does nothing for 80 miniutes, except, get outplayed. And they're awarded a barmy penalty and then they lead 1-0. Team 'Y' then push up their defenders and as a result in the 92nd miniute concede another goal. 2-0 the final result. Say team 'Z' is composed of referee's men. Team 'Z' is most responsible for the 2-0 result here. Needless to include the impressive hollywood title 'this is based on a real story.'

IT'S NOT THE REFEREE'S FAULT- IT'S THE NATURE OF THE BEAUTIFUL GAME.
And there are more than plenty of games where the ref's team are not largely responsible for the result. Either they make the right decisions or the match is over before they can influence it (ronaldo/messi score 4 before half time).

The main problem is people often see the game is played between two teams, but for me it is always three. Nothing wrong with that- it's the nature of football and barca/manu are the best in acknowledging this. If the ref's team wins- they don't influence the result. If they loose, they do. And get hammered for it.  

May 24, 2011 at 5:42 PM Post #33 of 89

Quote:
I agree, but I'm an Ajax fan so it's the other way around for me
tongue.gif
. I voted Manchester United because I'd really like Van der Sar to win it. Given that Affelay propably won't play he's the only dutch player on the pitch. If I had to bet money on a team, it would be Barca though.

Also, I'd like to point out that blaiming the referee is easy. I watched the world cup final on a square in Holland (Sittard), when I walked to the bus stop everybody was talking about how the referee destroyed the dutch world championship. Somehow no one noticed that Holland was lucky to be with 11 players and spain was a lot better. On the Real Vs Barcelona discussion I'm in the Barcelona camp. Firstly because of Johan Cruijff, secondly because I like the way they play, and last but not least because I dislike Mourinho. Well, I actually think the guy is funny but he should have tried to be a commedian. I've never caught the guy talking about football lately, he's always blabbering about referee's and how long the grass should be to make sure barca loses.

yep, totally agreed.

Affelay will get his chances on more prices, f.e. European Championships next year. I'd really love to see Sar holding that cup after his last match. Most fantastic scenario would be Man Utd winning after penalties, Sar saving the last ball of the game.

And yes, we were very lucky to be standing with 11 man at the end of the match this summer. We didn't deserve it, that makes 3 national traumas now.

May 24, 2011 at 7:38 PM Post #35 of 89
I really want manchester to win, but the true is that there is no other team ever like barcelona. At least in these 17 years I have watching football regularly.

May 24, 2011 at 9:13 PM Post #37 of 89
you are right. only one man can stop them. PEPE, lol!

Quote:
i haven't seen too many soccer games, but even with the few times I've seen barcelona play, their passes just so accurate and way too hard to intercept.

May 25, 2011 at 6:25 AM Post #38 of 89

Quote:
I really want manchester to win, but the true is that there is no other team ever like barcelona. At least in these 17 years I have watching football regularly.

last team I saw which could be near or at the quality Barca 2010-2011 is, was AC Milan in the late 80's, early 90's. Together with Milan back then, they're the best club team I saw.

May 25, 2011 at 6:52 AM Post #39 of 89

Quote:
last team I saw which could be near or at the quality Barca 2010-2011 is, was AC Milan in the late 80's, early 90's. Together with Milan back then, they're the best club team I saw.

How about the barca team THAT SAILED TO AN UNPRECEDENTED Treble, the first won by a spanish league side.
The barca team that saw its three frontment score more than 100 goals combined.
The 2008-2009 bacelona side was scary.
And in my view the best side that has graced this game, ever, on any level.

This team might just win one trophy this season- their own league, and is overated in my opinion.
It centres on one man way too much. And manu are capable of stopping him.

That's why I rekon manu will win on saturday. It makes me sick, but still.

May 25, 2011 at 7:07 AM Post #40 of 89
[size=10pt]I expect Barce to win. They are a better team than they were two years back while Untied are worse, and Barce outclassed them back then.[/size]

[size=10pt]That said, I’m supporting United, not that I’m a fan, just going for the premier league team really. [/size]

[size=10pt]Also quite sickened by Barce’s cheating this year and would like to see them taken down a peg.[/size]

[size=10pt]It’s a single match so anything can happen and United can win it. It’s just pretty unlikely.[/size]

May 25, 2011 at 7:44 AM Post #41 of 89

Quote:

How about the barca team THAT SAILED TO AN UNPRECEDENTED Treble, the first won by a spanish league side.

This team might just win one trophy this season- their own league, and is overated in my opinion.

Yes, it centers pretty much on the man who could be the best football player ever lived (can you blame them).
But, there's more. The biggest part of Spain's midfield was/is out there (Xavi f.e.); there's a reason they won the European and World cup and they did that without Messi.

But I hope you're right about who will win saturday:)

May 25, 2011 at 9:27 AM Post #43 of 89
I think the team is better this year.
I remember them playing with Etoó and Henry a bit down in the field in the final against man utd, but this year they don't play like that. The press higher on the field. They don't let the  opponent team breath.
I think Anderson should play and I think he will be fundamental. I remember in 2009 when he was replaced the team sunk completely.
Man utd should play anderon and two more guys in the middle. Rooney in the left or alone up front.

Quote:

May 25, 2011 at 10:05 AM Post #44 of 89
For me that team was special. This team (bar messi) isn't.

Hope anderson plays- he's brainless, clueless (for a manu midfielder) and will help barca out imo. Man u will probably give up on him soon- he's got worse each year.

And so too should play rafael da silva/ jonny evans- 80% chance that they'll concede a penalty and they're not afraid to get sent off!
make it better for barca fans and neutrals 

manu's lineup is always a mystery, but I rekon;
van der sar, oshea (or fabio), vidic, rio, evra, fletcher, nani, scholes, giggs, rooney, hernandez

May 25, 2011 at 10:17 AM Post #45 of 89

Lol, what an ideia you have of anderson. lol!

I saw the last match man united played against schalke and anderson owned that game. I don't know if you know but anderson was never a holding midfielder. He was an attacking midfielder. In Oporto he made lots of assists. Anyway I think he still outclasses fabregas, lol!
I think manchester will play:
Van der Saar; Rafael, vidic,rio, evra; Carrick, Fletcher, anderson; Nani, park or valencia, Rooney
Quote:
For me that team was special. This team (bar messi) isn't.

Hope anderson plays- he's brainless, clueless (for a manu midfielder) and will help barca out imo. Man u will probably give up on him soon- he's got worse each year.

And so too should play rafael da silva/ jonny evans- 80% chance that they'll concede a penalty and they're not afraid to get sent off!
make it better for barca fans and neutrals 

manu's lineup is always a mystery, but I rekon;
van der sar, oshea (or fabio), vidic, rio, evra, fletcher, nani, scholes, giggs, rooney, hernandez

Users who are viewing this thread

Back