[poll] 2010 - 2011 UEFA Champions League!
May 24, 2011 at 7:27 AM Post #17 of 89
Damn, an Englisman supporting Barca at the finals.

I'm a PSV fan, but if Ajax is in the finals, I'll cheer for my fellow countrymen.

But I guess it's different; a Real Madrid supporter would also never be cheering for Barca

May 24, 2011 at 9:20 AM Post #18 of 89

Quote:
Damn, an Englisman supporting Barca at the finals.

Haha, you won't catch many avid arsenal/liverpool/man city/......... fans doing it differently.

Who gives a yonk about the nation they are from- this is club football not international. If man u represent england, then boy, where the hell have I gone wrong!!!

Fergie barely likes the english national team. His use of wayne rooney last year against bayern munich was just one of many proofs of this, together with 'i'd rather play golf than watch them play.'

And yea when england played algeria in the world cup last year, alex ferguson didn't even watch it on tv- too busy playing golf.

May 24, 2011 at 9:29 AM Post #19 of 89
No Man U represends Man U offcourse. But it still is an English club.

In out national competition, I dislike Feyenoord, and I really dislike Ajax, but I would cheer for ANY Dutch club playing in Europe against a team from another country. The don't represent the country, but they are still Holland based.

I definitely care which nation they come from.

May 24, 2011 at 9:40 AM Post #20 of 89
I support whichever team i put money on to win. GO BARCA!

May 24, 2011 at 11:23 AM Post #21 of 89
I see your point proglover, and fair enough.

I just can't bear the thought of united winning ANOTHER trophy. They'll brag about it so much here in england. Too much. And needless to say, a lot of my friends happen to be manu fans.

So please cheer me up barca/messi on saturday!

May 24, 2011 at 11:37 AM Post #22 of 89
I got you, nothing like teasing some friends after they team gto beated up. specially if such friends made fun of me when Madrid got eliminated 
angry_face.gif

so for me It'll be like this:
Quote:
I just can't bear the thought of united Barca winning ANOTHER trophy. They'll brag about it so much here in england. Too much. And needless to say, a lot of my friends happen to be manu Barca fans.

and since this time I'd be in the city, I am going to watch the game with them. 
very_evil_smiley.gif

May 24, 2011 at 11:50 AM Post #23 of 89
I want barça to lose for a few reason.
First, I support Real Madrid. Second Real Madrid got robbed clearly against Barça (I'm not saying Real is better or so). Third, they were all the game long faking aggressions. Fourth, Barça style of play annoys me, makes me sleep. Fifth, I like better United quick transition to attack with a few touches. Sixth, Nani plays for United.

I would love to see Rooney playing deeper in the midfield against those small soft boys.

May 24, 2011 at 12:12 PM Post #25 of 89

Quote:
I want barça to lose for a few reason.
First, I support Real Madrid. Second Real Madrid got robbed clearly against Barça (I'm not saying Real is better or so). Third, they were all the game long faking aggressions. Fourth, Barça style of play annoys me, makes me sleep. Fifth, I like better United quick transition to attack with a few touches. Sixth, Nani plays for United.

I would love to see Rooney playing deeper in the midfield against those small soft boys.

Seriously man, Madrid didn't get robbed, they were faking agressions, agreed, but Madrid robbed themselves by not playing football the complete first game (or one could say; they were robbed by Mourinho)

I want Man Utd to win because of van der Sar. Within England, I fully support Arsenal, probably has something to do with Bergkamp, my all time favorite player. Offcourse van Persie does pretty well also.

And offcourse, I can't stand to see Spanish win another cup. I'm still in pain when I think about the World Cup final game this summer.

May 24, 2011 at 12:53 PM Post #26 of 89
Well we didn't watch the same match, lol, not one but two matches were the referee was clearly paying for barcelona.

Do you know what spaniards say about Madrid vs Barcelona? That Real was doing what Holland did against spain. You were lucky the referee didn't send De Jong off, lol I mean come on, the most famous karate kick in football, lol!
I saw that match and holland only lost the world cup because Arjen Robben didn't have his coolness. TWICE against Casillas but no goals. 

Quote:
Seriously man, Madrid didn't get robbed, they were faking agressions, agreed, but Madrid robbed themselves by not playing football the complete first game (or one could say; they were robbed by Mourinho)

I want Man Utd to win because of van der Sar. Within England, I fully support Arsenal, probably has something to do with Bergkamp, my all time favorite player. Offcourse van Persie does pretty well also.

And offcourse, I can't stand to see Spanish win another cup. I'm still in pain when I think about the World Cup final game this summer.

May 24, 2011 at 3:33 PM Post #28 of 89
The referees seem to have an easier time favouring barca and manu, than their competitors. That'll make this game more interesting. 

Quote:
I saw that match and holland only lost the world cup because Arjen Robben didn't have his coolness. TWICE against Casillas but no goals. 

Man, I remember that bigtime.

So wanted him to put them away- our man RVP at the front line of hollands attack.

And about fabregas. I hope he has the decency to leave arsenal this summer- clearly he should be able to see he's now causing more harm than good. Of course, yes he's done so much for arsenal, but also too much the other way. I still don't know how the media didn't spot him playing for barca in a barca shirt this season- arsenal vs barcalona champions league.  

Anyway, it's getting close. I should have had tickets, but I missed out (a few months ago).

May 24, 2011 at 3:34 PM Post #29 of 89

Quote:
Well we didn't watch the same match, lol, not one but two matches were the referee was clearly paying for barcelona.

Do you know what spaniards say about Madrid vs Barcelona? That Real was doing what Holland did against spain. You were lucky the referee didn't send De Jong off, lol I mean come on, the most famous karate kick in football, lol!

Ow man yes, I still have dreams about what would have happened when Robben scored that goal he had to score......
But then again, Spain deserved to win that game, they were better then us, at least in the final game. And yes, the Dutch spoke very negatively about de Jong after that, he didn't deserve to stay on that field after the karate kick.

About Real-Barca, well yes, the ref was a bit on Barca's hand, but not as much as Real was crying about it. They exaggerated that, just like Barca exaggerated Real's fouls/agressiveness on the field. And Mourinho shouldn't cry like a baby all the time, he's a good coach, but he's not always realistic. All in all, I found both teams to cry over way to many things during those 2 games.

As with Holland-Spain, Barca deserved to win it, especially over 2 matches. The difference between them was bigger then the difference between Holland and Spain this summer.

So I mean it like that; nobody stole their victory, because they really didn't deserve it. And ref also didn't make 1 decision which could've given them a fair win.

May 24, 2011 at 4:14 PM Post #30 of 89
Man I really understand you!
You know I was never fond of Fabregas, I found him overrated but after some time I started to think he is really good, but that match against barcelona was really poor, I mean I don't know if I would do worse than that, lol. I don't like players like fabregas who are not good enough attacking and not good enough defending, though is a good ball toucher. lol!

Anyway with whilshere there, there is no place for fabregas. Will share passes as good as him whilst being a great warrior in the midfield. That guy is quite unique. He is good tackling, has great positioning, great possession, awesome passing, great vision, can go past a man if needed. If he had the body of essien or diaby he would be unstoppable, lol anyway he is GREAT. Fabregas needs to leave to give this guy the extra room he needs to shine.
Quote:
The referees seem to have an easier time favouring barca and manu, than their competitors. That'll make this game more interesting. 

Man, I remember that bigtime.

So wanted him to put them away- our man RVP at the front line of hollands attack.

And about fabregas. I hope he has the decency to leave arsenal this summer- clearly he should be able to see he's now causing more harm than good. Of course, yes he's done so much for arsenal, but also too much the other way. I still don't know how the media didn't spot him playing for barca in a barca shirt this season- arsenal vs barcalona champions league.  

Anyway, it's getting close. I should have had tickets, but I missed out (a few months ago).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back