Polarity inverting headphones
May 9, 2011 at 3:02 AM Post #16 of 16
I now need to revise the last post because when I first started test the polarity of CDs I was using an Adcom GDP-575 and was finding over 90 % of CDs to be inverted.  I thought that it was more likely that the Adcom CD player was inverting but when I started using an NEC CD-730 CD player that made it easier for me to discern polarity, I realized that the Adcom GDP-575 was the same polarity as the as the NEC CD-730 and wasn't inverting, and the Adcom was made by NEC of Japan.  Therefore, about 92% of CDs play inverted on 92% of CD players and Reference CDs and the Stereophile test CD aren't inverted after all.  I apologize for any inconvenience my original post may have cause you.  And in addition since my list of the polarity of CDs was made using both players, and I'm not sure which I used for a given label, I've decided to put the list in limbo temporarily until I have time to sort it out.  I heard polarity correctly but made a bad assumption regarding the polarity of the original player I was using.  

George S. Louis
Sometime Imperfect Polarity Pundit

Users who are viewing this thread

Back