Pocketable Portable amp with USB for office and portable use
Sep 24, 2010 at 1:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

anm

Head-Fier
I am looking for a headphone amp that is very slim and can be slipped into a pocket along with phone, and can be listened to on the move. When in office, it should double as USB dac so that I can listen to virtually unlimited files/ radio stations.

IEMs - UE tf 10vi, and few other cheaper ones that I may buy for office use (they get stolen or lost in the office quite often). It would be a great plus if it is able to drive full size cans as well.

Budget ~ 250usd but can increase upto 500 if the unit is really great value for money.

Fiio E7 seems week as an amp reading online reviews. Nuforce udac seems to lack internal battery so no-go for on the move. There are some from ibasso that I am trying to figure out which model would suit me. Will keep posting whatever I research. But what is more important is recommendations from you experienced guys here, who have listened to them and compared.

Sep 24, 2010 at 3:42 PM Post #3 of 10
maybe asking for too much - is there something in this category that has async usb?

Sep 24, 2010 at 9:25 PM Post #4 of 10
A lot will depend on how much you are willing to spend and how big of an unit you are willing to carry. I have an iBasso D4 w/ a TopKit from HiFlight and I am pleased beyond believe with the performance. Any chance you could go to a meet to listen to various options to make your own decision?

Sep 25, 2010 at 1:06 AM Post #5 of 10
Budget ~ 250usd but can increase upto 500 if the unit is really great value for money.

Quote:
A lot will depend on how much you are willing to spend and how big of an unit you are willing to carry. I have an iBasso D4 w/ a TopKit from HiFlight and I am pleased beyond believe with the performance. Any chance you could go to a meet to listen to various options to make your own decision?

Sep 25, 2010 at 4:19 PM Post #7 of 10
Not able to understand the difference. What is the limitation with hitech?
Quote:
hiFace Evo by M2Tech is the new statement in high quality computer audio interfaces.
Hosted in a compact and stylish aluminium case, hiFace Evo is capable of flawlessly transfer audio data up to 192kHz, 24 bits to virtually every DAC or A/V receiver around, thanks to its comprehensive outputs set.
hiFace Evo incorporates the same leading edge technology as the classic hiFace – with some plus. Asynchronous operation up to 192kHz
is used in conjunction with proprietary drivers which allow for Kernel Streaming, Direct Sound and WASAPI operation (the latter under Windows vista and 7).
Windows and Mac drivers are already available, Linux drivers to come soon.

Sep 26, 2010 at 1:15 AM Post #9 of 10
my question is - whether this is not available in hiface?

Quote:
Asynchronous operation up to 192kHz
is used in conjunction with proprietary drivers which allow for Kernel Streaming, Direct Sound and WASAPI operation (the latter under Windows vista and 7).
Windows and Mac drivers are already available, Linux drivers to come soon.

Sep 26, 2010 at 1:42 AM Post #10 of 10
Here:

"The M2Tech hiFace has received a lot of press this year. It was one of the first very inexpensive asynchronous USB to S/PDIF converters to support all sample rates from 16/44.1 kHz through 24/192 kHz."

I'm using Foobar2000 w/ Kernel streaming on WinXP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back