Plussound Audio Thread
Apr 7, 2020 at 12:14 AM Post #1,336 of 1,759
129885_bd310841f5cea95a78bc67b0a302675c_orig.JPG
Hi, I want to ask the braid type of this X8 cable. Is it square for the lower braid and round for LR braid? thanks

Yes, square on bottom and round on top.

PlusSound Stay updated on PlusSound at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/plusSound/ https://twitter.com/plussoundaudio http://plussoundaudio.com/
Apr 9, 2020 at 2:49 PM Post #1,337 of 1,759
92439207_3089352547775692_2013012375195615232_o.jpg
92330180_3089352501109030_630180880391864320_o.jpg
92531005_3089352597775687_1241784489630236672_o.jpg

92445983_1002274613501895_8018037276808314880_o.jpg

Our new Palladium Plated Hybrid wire is now available for audition and purchase at My IEM in Taiwan.

Stay tuned for more updates soon.

https://www.facebook.com/plusSound/ https://twitter.com/plussoundaudio http://plussoundaudio.com/
Apr 14, 2020 at 4:45 AM Post #1,338 of 1,759
92439207_3089352547775692_2013012375195615232_o.jpg92330180_3089352501109030_630180880391864320_o.jpg92531005_3089352597775687_1241784489630236672_o.jpg
92445983_1002274613501895_8018037276808314880_o.jpg

Our new Palladium Plated Hybrid wire is now available for audition and purchase at My IEM in Taiwan.

Stay tuned for more updates soon.
I'm currently lived in Taiwan, currently using wm1z xelento ierz1r ierm9 with cables from hansound / labkable.
Imma go try this out and looking forward to add PS to my cable collection. Cheers~~

Apr 15, 2020 at 2:10 PM Post #1,339 of 1,759

Apr 17, 2020 at 1:05 PM Post #1,340 of 1,759
plussound-palladium-hybrid-3.jpg plussound-palladium-hybrid-4.jpg
plussound-palladium-hybrid-7.jpg

“The PPH creates one of the widest sound stages that I have heard in any cable to date. Which includes cables that go for more than double the price...We have seen so many cables break the realm of 1000 US Dollars in the past, and it’s refreshing to have brands like @PLUSSOUND who stay below that for their four-wire flagship.” - Linus, Headfonia

Read the full review over at
https://www.headfonia.com/plussound-palladium-plated-hybrid-review/

Apr 21, 2020 at 3:10 AM Post #1,342 of 1,759
Hi Paul, a fellow member suggested I reach out to you as the website seems to be down for now.

I am after the following;
  • 1) Bluetooth cable
    • MMCX or QDC connector
    • BT 5, AptX HD, Microphone with cVc 6 or 8 noise cancelling
  • 2) 3.5mm Cable with Microphone
    • MMCX or QDC connector
    • In-line mic with volume controls
Wondering if you have anything like these available?

Apr 22, 2020 at 11:03 PM Post #1,343 of 1,759
Any ETA on the firmware for the Bluetooth cable? Working from home, the white noise is much more prevalent and I'm back to wired.

First update will be available very soon.

Hi Paul, a fellow member suggested I reach out to you as the website seems to be down for now.

I am after the following;
  • 1) Bluetooth cable
    • MMCX or QDC connector
    • BT 5, AptX HD, Microphone with cVc 6 or 8 noise cancelling
  • 2) 3.5mm Cable with Microphone
    • MMCX or QDC connector
    • In-line mic with volume controls
Wondering if you have anything like these available?

For #1, we got it covered. For #2, we only offer with one-button mic. Please email us if you need more info.

Apr 22, 2020 at 11:13 PM Post #1,344 of 1,759
//UPDATES//

#1: We’ve just added more options to each listing on our site to make ordering custom cables easier, including increasing/decreasing overall length, more connector/termination options, and choosing processing time!

#2: Four ready to ship cables have just been posted at special pricing. Only one unit is available for each, so if you see what you like, claim it quick!
https://www.plussoundaudio.com/customcables/readytoship.html

#3: First firmware update for PS-V3 module is coming within 1-2 weeks. We will post both file and instructions on our BT cables page. Stay tuned for more details shortly.

May 5, 2020 at 1:33 AM Post #1,345 of 1,759
PlusSound X8 Tri-Silver and JH Audio IEMS are great together!

The comments and discussion below are being made with NO compensation from PlusSound Audio.
The X8 model cable discussed was paid for, and was not a free demo unit.

Just wanted to call out a great product from a company providing over the top service!

I’m not calling this a review as in typical Head-Fi fashion I’m not comparing head to head to other cables or using other IEM’s on the same cable. This is meant to just express my experience and my opinions and to thank a company who does what they say and makes a quality product IMO.

I received earlier this week my order for an Tri-Silver X8
All I can say is “WOW”!!! with a giddy grin on my face!
My JH Roxanne’s are now right where I want them!

For anyone with JH Audio IEM’s, IMO This is a MUST HAVE change, and something that will make your investment into JH Audio IEM’s even better.

But as should be noted YMMV depending on what you are trying to achieve. I offer my experience and opinions below for anyone maybe sitting on the fence and wanting a little “push” to go forward.

I also know there are great debates that go in in Head-Fi about cables really making a difference or being “Snake Oil”.
I use to think spending upwards the cost of another IEM on a cable was crazy, but once you’ve invested into an IEM you like and is comfortable to wear, I felt maximizing that investment just made sense, as I already have a bunch of universal IEM’s that while good, I rarely use anymore or have sold off for someone else to enjoy. Now having CIEM’s selling them off is no longer an option.
(Welcome to Head-Fi, Sorry about your wallet!)

I purchased the CIEM’s Roxanne’s knowing that they are out of the box a little “dark” sounding, but walking around and demoing at Can Jam, chose them because they have a really amazing soundstage/depth and an impressive low end rumble that can be hard to get until spending considerably more, but the Roxanne’s highs were just OK.
But from past experiencing knowing I could “tune” that part of the sound later by changing out the cable from the stock OFC or OCC copper, to something different.
(And emphasizing “Tune” If the IEM’s don’t have a sound signature close to what you want NO cable is going miraculously fix that. If they are close, cables will help IMO)
For those not familiar with the JH Audio IEM’s, they use a 4 pin connection using an 8 wire configuration (and use this 8 wire configuration to add in an bass adjustment module, NOTE: JH Audio just moved to a new 7 pin connection that no one yet is making cables for. I’ve been told you can still spec the older 4pin connection, but be aware if you’re looking to buy a new set of JH IEM’s)
Only a handful of cable makers create the cabling for JH Audio IEM’s 4pin connection on a regular basis.

My goal was to “brighten” the Roxanne’s keeping the current bass and midrange presence and soundstage but extend the highs. IF I could extend the soundstage and mids/bass even more, without making either more forward than they already were, even better.

This initially landed me on the Moon-Audio Silver Dragons (Moon Audio initially made all of JH’s cables, so go with the people who do it OEM right?)
The Silver Dragon cable did make the changes I was looking for to some extent, but I still felt there was a veil over the highs, and the extension on the highs I felt could still be improved, thus started my reading and comparing cables from many other sources, leading to 2 finalists, Effect Audio and PlusSound.
(Don’t get me wrong. The Moon-Audio Silver Dragon does a great job for its price point but I wanted more, and there was nothing better in the Moon-Audio catalog).

Reaching out to PlusSound Audio and Effect Audio on the same day, I wanted to see how fast and what type of response I would get.
While Effect Audio responded quickly within 2 days, with great and accurate info, I was blown away that Chris from PlusSound responded not only the same day but within 2 hours, and had even better advice and examples of what he has seen/done having JH Audio IEM’s in house to test with.
Some more reading, more questions to both companies, and each time Chris from PlusSound answered same day/within 8 hours and his advice helped to narrow down choices of which cable and why (including a bold ask on my half to see if a Hybrid of 2 wire types in the 8 wire weave could be done (yes it can) and would it help the sound signature (It could, but not in the direction I wanted)

Having listened to the EA Leonidas 2 previously and knowing that is a direction I wanted to go, and reading from many distinguished reviewers how the PlusSound Tir-Sliver was its closest competitor, the responses I received from Chris at PlusSound through this entire process and add in what I was reading and have experienced how Covid-19 has affected shipments from Singapore, all of these factors had me pull the trigger on a PlusSound Purchase and I’m glad all these forces combined to making my decision.

I’m very happy with the results.
It has opened up my Roxanne’s and lifted the vail on many songs, and for those that are probably marginal recordings at least moved it aside.
Again out of the box I love what the Tri-Silver X8 has done to the highs. The Extension is what I was looking for, and there is the sparkle with cymbals and high hat hits I was looking for. Female vocals have a nice presence and shine that has been missing to date. It is the sound signature I knew the Roxanne’s were cable of providing. The Tri-silver as mentioned in reviews in Head-Fi and on other sources, the soundstage has also increased, in width (didn’t think that would be possible) Where I could place instruments “on stage” before, now I can tell which one is in front of the other, so yes I feel the depth has increased also. (Again IMO) I’m being told it will just get better as the cable burns in, so looking forward to that.
And thank you Chris for talking me out of a “hybrid” of 2 cable types as with the Tri-Silver it has extended the bass a bit and I’ve had to back down the bass adjusters from the 1:30/2 O’clockish position I had on the Moon Audio Silver Dragons to 12N or on some tracks an 11:30ish setting.
A cable with anymore bass enhancement and it would be unlistenable to me.
The mids are still strong and male voices are present and clear.
While some reviewers have discouraged using the Tri-Silver with dark sounding IEM’s I’d have to disagree as it has helped across the spectrum, and what I knew that the Roxanne’s could deliver, the sound signature I wanted without moving on to yet the next price range of IEM’s

I’m enjoying that the Roxanne’s are much more “musical” now and the entire spectrum is working together instead of being slightly cut up and certain areas emphasized. So far I’m getting it all!

And I’d be remiss to not mention the build quality and aesthetics of this cable
While many loved the charm of the older “heat shrink” finish of the older PlusSound cables, there were those reviewers who felt heat shrink did not belong on a TOTL set up and looked too DIY.
The new terminations and connections are top notch and beautifully presented. They are nicer than many of the other more expensive cables I’ve looked at and the range of customization is mind boggling (its nice that you can choose the colors of the strain reliefs on the IEM termination side to help with the ID’ing of L/R side cables).
This is not a cheap looking or ill fitted cable. The braids are nice and tight, the presentation is great looking. The Box braid really shows off the cable and the workmanship of PlusSound.
As an 8 wire design, the cable is light and flexible with no microphonics.
Being a wearer of glasses, I went for the “twisted” L/R braid past the “Y” termination over a standard box or circular braid and it falls perfectly over the ears and is comfortable to wear with glasses on.
My only wish? Being a automotive gearhead, I wish a connector like the Furutech CF-xxxx line of terminations could have been an option but it’s a nit pick as the standard PlusSound terminations are extremely nice and very professional looking and solidly built.

Again apologies for the length of this post.
But I wanted to post this for again a company that does what is says and delivers what It promises!

Last edited:
May 6, 2020 at 3:18 PM Post #1,346 of 1,759
PlusSound X8 Tri-Silver and JH Audio IEMS are great together!

The comments and discussion below are being made with NO compensation from PlusSound Audio.
The X8 model cable discussed was paid for, and was not a free demo unit.

Just wanted to call out a great product from a company providing over the top service!

I’m not calling this a review as in typical Head-Fi fashion I’m not comparing head to head to other cables or using other IEM’s on the same cable. This is meant to just express my experience and my opinions and to thank a company who does what they say and makes a quality product IMO.

I received earlier this week my order for an Tri-Silver X8
All I can say is “WOW”!!! with a giddy grin on my face!
My JH Roxanne’s are now right where I want them!

For anyone with JH Audio IEM’s, IMO This is a MUST HAVE change, and something that will make your investment into JH Audio IEM’s even better.

But as should be noted YMMV depending on what you are trying to achieve. I offer my experience and opinions below for anyone maybe sitting on the fence and wanting a little “push” to go forward.

I also know there are great debates that go in in Head-Fi about cables really making a difference or being “Snake Oil”.
I use to think spending upwards the cost of another IEM on a cable was crazy, but once you’ve invested into an IEM you like and is comfortable to wear, I felt maximizing that investment just made sense, as I already have a bunch of universal IEM’s that while good, I rarely use anymore or have sold off for someone else to enjoy. Now having CIEM’s selling them off is no longer an option.
(Welcome to Head-Fi, Sorry about your wallet!)

I purchased the CIEM’s Roxanne’s knowing that they are out of the box a little “dark” sounding, but walking around and demoing at Can Jam, chose them because they have a really amazing soundstage/depth and an impressive low end rumble that can be hard to get until spending considerably more, but the Roxanne’s highs were just OK.
But from past experiencing knowing I could “tune” that part of the sound later by changing out the cable from the stock OFC or OCC copper, to something different.
(And emphasizing “Tune” If the IEM’s don’t have a sound signature close to what you want NO cable is going miraculously fix that. If they are close, cables will help IMO)
For those not familiar with the JH Audio IEM’s, they use a 4 pin connection using an 8 wire configuration (and use this 8 wire configuration to add in an bass adjustment module, NOTE: JH Audio just moved to a new 7 pin connection that no one yet is making cables for. I’ve been told you can still spec the older 4pin connection, but be aware if you’re looking to buy a new set of JH IEM’s)
Only a handful of cable makers create the cabling for JH Audio IEM’s 4pin connection on a regular basis.

My goal was to “brighten” the Roxanne’s keeping the current bass and midrange presence and soundstage but extend the highs. IF I could extend the soundstage and mids/bass even more, without making either more forward than they already were, even better.

This initially landed me on the Moon-Audio Silver Dragons (Moon Audio initially made all of JH’s cables, so go with the people who do it OEM right?)
The Silver Dragon cable did make the changes I was looking for to some extent, but I still felt there was a veil over the highs, and the extension on the highs I felt could still be improved, thus started my reading and comparing cables from many other sources, leading to 2 finalists, Effect Audio and PlusSound.
(Don’t get me wrong. The Moon-Audio Silver Dragon does a great job for its price point but I wanted more, and there was nothing better in the Moon-Audio catalog).

Reaching out to PlusSound Audio and Effect Audio on the same day, I wanted to see how fast and what type of response I would get.
While Effect Audio responded quickly within 2 days, with great and accurate info, I was blown away that Chris from PlusSound responded not only the same day but within 2 hours, and had even better advice and examples of what he has seen/done having JH Audio IEM’s in house to test with.
Some more reading, more questions to both companies, and each time Chris from PlusSound answered same day/within 8 hours and his advice helped to narrow down choices of which cable and why (including a bold ask on my half to see if a Hybrid of 2 wire types in the 8 wire weave could be done (yes it can) and would it help the sound signature (It could, but not in the direction I wanted)

Having listened to the EA Leonidas 2 previously and knowing that is a direction I wanted to go, and reading from many distinguished reviewers how the PlusSound Tir-Sliver was its closest competitor, the responses I received from Chris at PlusSound through this entire process and add in what I was reading and have experienced how Covid-19 has affected shipments from Singapore, all of these factors had me pull the trigger on a PlusSound Purchase and I’m glad all these forces combined to making my decision.

I’m very happy with the results.
It has opened up my Roxanne’s and lifted the vail on many songs, and for those that are probably marginal recordings at least moved it aside.
Again out of the box I love what the Tri-Silver X8 has done to the highs. The Extension is what I was looking for, and there is the sparkle with cymbals and high hat hits I was looking for. Female vocals have a nice presence and shine that has been missing to date. It is the sound signature I knew the Roxanne’s were cable of providing. The Tri-silver as mentioned in reviews in Head-Fi and on other sources, the soundstage has also increased, in width (didn’t think that would be possible) Where I could place instruments “on stage” before, now I can tell which one is in front of the other, so yes I feel the depth has increased also. (Again IMO) I’m being told it will just get better as the cable burns in, so looking forward to that.
And thank you Chris for talking me out of a “hybrid” of 2 cable types as with the Tri-Silver it has extended the bass a bit and I’ve had to back down the bass adjusters from the 1:30/2 O’clockish position I had on the Moon Audio Silver Dragons to 12N or on some tracks an 11:30ish setting.
A cable with anymore bass enhancement and it would be unlistenable to me.
The mids are still strong and male voices are present and clear.
While some reviewers have discouraged using the Tri-Silver with dark sounding IEM’s I’d have to disagree as it has helped across the spectrum, and what I knew that the Roxanne’s could deliver, the sound signature I wanted without moving on to yet the next price range of IEM’s

I’m enjoying that the Roxanne’s are much more “musical” now and the entire spectrum is working together instead of being slightly cut up and certain areas emphasized. So far I’m getting it all!

And I’d be remiss to not mention the build quality and aesthetics of this cable
While many loved the charm of the older “heat shrink” finish of the older PlusSound cables, there were those reviewers who felt heat shrink did not belong on a TOTL set up and looked too DIY.
The new terminations and connections are top notch and beautifully presented. The are nicer than many of the other more expensive cables I’ve looked at and the range of customization is mind boggling (its nice that you can choose the colors of the strain reliefs on the IEM termination side to help with the ID’ing of L/R side cables).
This is not a cheap looking or ill fitted cable. The braids are nice and tight, the presentation is great looking. The Box braid really shows off the cable and the workmanship of PlusSound.
As an 8 wire design, the cable is light and flexible with no microphonics.
Being a wearer of glasses, I went for the “twisted” L/R braid past the “Y” termination over a standard box or circular braid and it falls perfectly over the ears and is comfortable to wear with glasses on.
My only wish? Being a automotive gearhead, I wish a connector like the Furutech CF-xxxx line of terminations could have been an option but it’s a nit pick as the standard PlusSound terminations are extremely nice and very professional looking and solidly built.

Again apologies for the length of this post.
But I wanted to post this for again a company that does what is says and delivers what I promises!

Thanks so much for sharing your experience and impressions with us. Enjoy your new cable!

May 6, 2020 at 3:22 PM Post #1,347 of 1,759
1.01.png

First firmware update for PS-V3 is finally here! Changes are based on feedback received, which includes improved performance, revised BT and DAC volume steps, and fixed notification volume! Stroll down at the bottom of our BT cable page to download files and instructions. Available exclusively for current PS-V3 owners only!

Please note: Requires Windows PC to install upgrade. If you are unable to install, we are more than happy to do it for you. For questions and comments, we are just an email away at sales@plussoundaudio.com.

If you are placing a new order or currently have a order being processed, your PS-V3 will come preinstalled with the latest version, so downloading this software is not required at this time.​

May 7, 2020 at 3:20 PM Post #1,348 of 1,759
And what's a Mac user supposed to do?

Luckily my son has a pc.

Thanks for not posting the link!

Last edited:
May 7, 2020 at 3:25 PM Post #1,349 of 1,759
BC23C8C4-12F7-47F7-BDA3-D6635E17F480.jpeg

May 7, 2020 at 4:56 PM Post #1,350 of 1,759
just updated and can confirm the volume is much better. Used with Aptx on my mac book pro and ldac from my samsung s10 with ue 4 pros
However the noise floor is still there, a little white noise. At least thanks to the volume improvements i can bump up the volume of my content without it getting too loud.
Overall great update, looking forward to more in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back