Plussound Audio Thread
Feb 14, 2020 at 3:34 PM Post #1,292 of 1,758
Feb 15, 2020 at 7:00 PM Post #1,293 of 1,758
I wanted to check something. Does the 8 in the X8 series mean it is 8 wires?

Feb 16, 2020 at 5:31 AM Post #1,295 of 1,758
I wanted to check something. Does the 8 in the X8 series mean it is 8 wires?
Yep, like @drummerdimitri said. PlusSound divides it series in number of wires and you can choose the conductor of your choice. So for IEMs:
X-Series = 2 wires
Exo-Series = 4 wires
X6 series = 6 wires
X8 series = 8 wires
Then there are several more series such as the Poetic that offer sleeve options for more durability, which I believe are all 4 wires, and with headphones there is also the option of the X16 with 16 wires. Surprisingly that barely touches the amount of custom options, which never ceases to amaze me. :D

Feb 16, 2020 at 10:40 AM Post #1,296 of 1,758
Yep, like @drummerdimitri said. PlusSound divides it series in number of wires and you can choose the conductor of your choice. So for IEMs:
X-Series = 2 wires
Exo-Series = 4 wires
X6 series = 6 wires
X8 series = 8 wires
Then there are several more series such as the Poetic that offer sleeve options for more durability, which I believe are all 4 wires, and with headphones there is also the option of the X16 with 16 wires. Surprisingly that barely touches the amount of custom options, which never ceases to amaze me. :D
Thanks. That’s really informative.
I think the X8 GPS sounds rather nice.

Feb 16, 2020 at 12:00 PM Post #1,298 of 1,758
Are you considering it for your Trio?
I’ve recently ordered the Thor Silver II+ for the Trio. But I may have caught the cable bug and so I’m always looking. :wink:
I did borrow an Exo GPS and that went well with the Trio, and so I was curious about the X8.

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2020 at 1:43 PM Post #1,300 of 1,758
Feb 25, 2020 at 1:44 PM Post #1,301 of 1,758
Kindly share the cable series and type chosen on your new Plussound BT cable, and after using your feedback. Very interested to purchase and hoping to read some comments. Thanks in advance.
I edited my original post hopefully it helps you.

Feb 25, 2020 at 5:21 PM Post #1,302 of 1,758
Hi All,

I've been looking for a BT cable for my Fearless Roland. Hopefully something that can sound better than the stock Fearless SPC cable. I've read that silver cables can actually brighten up the Roland's dark sound signature to an extent. So, will Exo series Silver+Gold be a good option?
TIA!

Feb 26, 2020 at 6:22 PM Post #1,303 of 1,758
Hi All,

I've been looking for a BT cable for my Fearless Roland. Hopefully something that can sound better than the stock Fearless SPC cable. I've read that silver cables can actually brighten up the Roland's dark sound signature to an extent. So, will Exo series Silver+Gold be a good option?
TIA!

I have the new plussound BT dongle with the Roland. It won't change the sound except it introduces a fair amount of background hiss. I'm hoping they fix that soon.
On the other hand, just add some equalizer boost to the high end and you will like it much better.
The special tweeters must be hard to drive and definitely need a boost.

Feb 26, 2020 at 7:30 PM Post #1,304 of 1,758
Hi All,

TIA!

Yes it is. Silver based wires will help improve clarity and highs. If you have any additional questions, feel free to PM or email us.

PlusSound Stay updated on PlusSound at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/plusSound/ https://twitter.com/plussoundaudio http://plussoundaudio.com/
Feb 27, 2020 at 1:47 AM Post #1,305 of 1,758
I have the new plussound BT dongle with the Roland. It won't change the sound except it introduces a fair amount of background hiss. I'm hoping they fix that soon.
On the other hand, just add some equalizer boost to the high end and you will like it much better.
The special tweeters must be hard to drive and definitely need a boost.
Thank you. Which Plussound model and type of wire are you using?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back