plss recomend me some great vocals (male or female)
Jul 20, 2007 at 9:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

lutwey

1000+ Head-Fier
hiphop is still no1 for me...........but there are times i want to listen to some slow tunes

i been enjoying come away with me.......like her voice the sound of the piano and some trebles. i been a r&b fan from the very beggining so that would count too

i want something "listenable" though............the one with ones with good melodies.
foreign song is not my thing though, cant listen to those italian songs

i would aprreciate any reccomendation

Jul 20, 2007 at 5:11 PM Post #3 of 26
Katie Melua
Norah Jones
Christel Alsos

Jul 20, 2007 at 5:30 PM Post #4 of 26
Ella Fitzgerald, Dinah Washington, Carmen Mcrae, Stacey Kent, Diana Krall, Ana Caram, Nat King Cole, Tony Bennett, Rod Stewart (American Songbook albums)...among others
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 20, 2007 at 6:20 PM Post #5 of 26
I don't know how much you'll like her, being a Hip Hop fan and all (I like a lot of hip hop myself), but I really like Feist. Check out the album "The Reminder."

I also like Fiona Apple, Regina Spektor, Tori Amos...

Jul 21, 2007 at 4:54 AM Post #10 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr00000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't know how much you'll like her, being a Hip Hop fan and all (I like a lot of hip hop myself), but I really like Feist. Check out the album "The Reminder."

The album Let It Die is rockin' my world right now. I'll have to look into The Reminder!

Jul 21, 2007 at 2:37 PM Post #13 of 26
IMHO 'Let It Die' is the better album - I just can't quite get into 'The Reminder', despite numerous listens.

Other suggestions could include Diana Krall, Madeleine Peyroux, Zulya, Judie Tzuke, Eva Cassidy, Beverley Craven...I could go on and on. Right now I'm listening to Katie Buckhaven's debut album and there's some delightful recordings on that too!.

For males you could try Jack Johnson?
Quote:

Originally Posted by khbaur330162 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The album Let It Die is rockin' my world right now. I'll have to look into The Reminder!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back