please suggest music simmilar to the beatles
Aug 15, 2010 at 11:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

nullPointerException

100+ Head-Fier
so one day a few months ago I really got into the Beatles, more specifically there albums sgt. peppers lonely heart club band and magical mystery tour. now I'd like to get more into the genre and I was hoping that you could suggest other trippy rock bands/albums I might like. thanks In advanced.

Aug 15, 2010 at 11:58 PM Post #2 of 8
The pretty things - s.f. Sorrow

The zombies - oddessey and oracle

Bee gees - bee gees 1st

Blossom toes - we are ever so clean

All good examples of brit psych highly influenced by beatles and sharing sim. Sound to sgt. Pepper...

Aug 16, 2010 at 12:36 AM Post #3 of 8
Go pick over the catalog of works by the Elephant 6 collective. It's not one band, but a group of them that are friends and sort of affiliated. Not all sound like the Beatles, but most have a trippy, melodic vibe to them. A couple of good places to start are "Tone Soul Evolution" and "Her Wallpaper Reverie" by the Apples in Stereo. Very Beatlesesque. Also pick up "Dusk at Cubist Castle," by the Olivia Tremor Control. Trippy fun and an underappreciated classic. There's a lot of other great Elephant 6 albums, but those should pull you right in.

Aug 16, 2010 at 2:21 PM Post #6 of 8
A little Badfinger wouldn't hurt either. Or  Brinsley Schwartz, 10cc.  Steve Miller Band's "Brave New World" or "Sailor" might also appeal.

Less psychedelic, but very good pop with a bit of Beatles flavor.

- Ed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back