Please suggest Bass Heavy Earbuds. $100-150
Aug 10, 2010 at 11:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

jf2oo6

New Head-Fier
Hey guys this is my first post here.  I am looking for a good set of earbuds.  I listen to a lot of hip hop, rock, and classic rock.  I would like a set that can produce good bass.  But I also would like good mids and highs.  One set I have been looking at is the Monster Turbine Pro Gold.  Everyone says they have great bass, but I have also read that they are not quite worth the money.  Those are 180 right now on dell.  

Also these will be worn in the gym, so they need to be comfortable, and able to stay in my ear.  As the title says I would like to stay around 150 or less.  Please give your suggestions guys.  Thanks!

Aug 10, 2010 at 1:05 PM Post #2 of 7
The Panasonic HJE900 for about 110 are a really bang for the buck IEM that is almost up there with the top tier IEMs.

Aug 10, 2010 at 10:15 PM Post #4 of 7
For the gym I'd go with the FA Eterna or FutureSonics Atrio M5/M8 (if you can find them under $150). Over-the-ear cable routing really helps with microphonics and having a secure fit for the gym.

Aug 11, 2010 at 9:16 AM Post #7 of 7
Well a good way to narrow it down is to take a closer look at ljokerl's suggestions, as he has first hand experience with almost a hundred of these models. Have a look at his review thread, it basically has reviews of every single suggestion that has been made so far.

If it's for the gym, I'd really suggest something with good build quality and light. What might not be great for the monster turbines as an option is that they are relatively heavy for an IEM, and may get dislodged during heavy physical activity. Over the ear routing is definitely a plus. Those would be my suggestions to you, though I don't have first hand experience with any good bassy earphones under a 150 with a good fit...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back